Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

My Vows are too wordy... I need some HELP ??

Here are is my work-in-progress novel-esque vows...

"From this moment on, 

I, ****, take you, ****, to be my [wife/husband] & partner in life.

Long ago you were just a hopeful thought and a prayer.

Today, you are my greatest joy & I thank you for being what you are to me.

You take me as I am and, because of you, I see the world in a new & generous light.

With God & his love at the core of our union, I am able to give you my whole self in marriage and promise you this… 

Just as today I have given you my hand to hold, so I have given you my life to keep; and just as this ring I give you today is a circle without end, my love for you is also without end. 

With selflessness & my fullest devotion, I will love you exactly as you are, share in your dreams, uplift you, honor you, and cherish you all the days of my life. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, for better or for worse, in laughter and in tears, in failure and in triumph. These things I promise you today and for all the days of our life."

...SO

What do you like?

Which parts would you cut out [if any] ?

Would you change the order?

Thank you in advance :]]  

Re: My Vows are too wordy... I need some HELP ??

• I really like them!  I read them outloud to myself and they were only 70 seconds which I think is very reasonable.  They reflect how you feel about your FI and do a great job capturing what you're actually vowing.  I wouldn't change them at all, but would check with him to make sure his are approximately the same lenght.  Great job!
  • Thank you for your input!! It's very much appreciated.  

70 seconds long really doesn't sound that bad.Cool

P.S. I love the pic you have attached to your posts... is that one of your personal wedding/honeymoon photos ??
  • Thanks!  Yep, it's from our Trash the Dress shoot after the wedding.
  • I like them. Wouldnt chagne a thing
  • I like them.  If you're considering taking something out I would eliminate the first part

" Long ago you were just a hopeful thought and a prayer.

Today, you are my greatest joy & I thank you for being what you are to me.

You take me as I am and, because of you, I see the world in a new & generous light."

Not that you need to (or you should) but if you wanted it shorter....you did a great job though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards