New Jersey
Options

My Wedding Reviews - 6/18

The wedding was fantastic!  As much as I hated the planning, I wish I could do the whole thing over again! 

Church - Saint Catharines of Siena, Seaside Park, NJ A+++
Father John was awesome with us through the whole wedding planning process!  I think he got the point that we didn't want a drawn out ceremony, our Catholic ceremony was 35 minutes long!  I think that may be a record!

Venue- Manasquan River Golf Club, Brielle, NJ A+++++
At first I was against having my wedding there since I had been attending events there since I was a little girl.  I am soooo glad I changed my mind!  Everything was done perfectly!  The food was amazing and people are still raving about our venetian desert table.  The venue itself was sooo easy to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!  

Cake- Rudy's Pastry Shop B
The cakes was unbelievably tasty, but the colors were off!  I gave them the swatches of the BM dress so they could match the color blue for the trim, instead the trim on our cake was purple!

DJ- Unforgettable DJs - PJ A+
PJ was amazing and I would recommend him to everyone!  The dance floor was packed all night and not a person was sitting!  The only snafu was that he played the Conga, which I specifically asked him not to do, but the guests seemed to like it.  

Photographer and Cinematography - Endless Wave Studios
I loved working with Greg and Ben!  Everything they did that day was amazing, they met us at the salon at 9 am and were with us until the reception ended at 10pm!  The locations which he suggested for our photos were absolutely breathtaking and I can't wait to see the prints and video.  I will update my review on them once I receive proofs.

Limo- Santos Limo - B+
I had a great experience with the company, but the GM had a different experience when they were picked up to go to the church.  The other issue was that the radio didn't work which made the 25 min ride to the venue a little boring.  

Florist- Narcissus, A+
Ken did an amazing job on our flowers!  He took the vision I had and made it a reality.  He was so easy to work with and the quote that he gave us a year beforehand didn't change at all throughout the entire process!

Hair- Razberri's A+
All the girls that we worked with did an amazing job!  Everyone's hair held up all night including mine which was a surprise since my hair doesn't hold a curl at all!  

Makeup- Leigh Ann Borrelli Face to Fase A++++++
She is an amazing makeup artist and I would tell everyone to use her!  She did 2 trials on me so I could see a more dramatic look and a more natural look, that way I could choose which look suited me best.  To my surprise I chose the more dramatic look.  She even arranged to have a chair reserved for her at the salon so she could get everyone done in time!  Amazing!

Tuxedo- Chazmatazz A+
No problems at all!  They were even able to accommodate 2 groomsmen getting tuxes on Saturday morning since their flights delayed them from getting it on Friday.

Wedding Dress- Kleinfelds B
I had a very good experience for the most part.  The sales people and my fitter Ramona were amazing.  The only issue I had is there is a lack of communication between the fitters and the seamstresses for alterations.  I checked my dress thoroughly before we left when we picked it up but didn't notice the small pin in the hem.  They hadn't finished hemming the one side!  Thankfully my dress is tulle and my BM fixed it with some scissors.  Because the hem was too long my bustle basically ripped out halfway through the reception and my bridesmaids had to pin it back into place.  

I think that's basically it. Let me know if you have and questions!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: My Wedding Reviews - 6/18

• Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the reviews! We are using Santos Limo.. what happened with the GM?
    Maybe I'll bring a cd for the limo ride, just in case there are any radio issues.
  • Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They just said the limo driver was extremely rude to them, I didn't have the same experience though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  It sounds like you had a great day!

Can your reviews be added to the vendor review website?  If they can, would you like them with or without your knottie name?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure they can be added with name
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great!  They've been added!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to review my invitation lady!  Woops!

Invitatios - Holland Designs A++++++++++
    Megan was beyond amazing to work with and I am so glad that I was referred to her from the beginning. She was the only person I met with in regards to our invitations, once I left my meeting with her I knew that she was the vendor for us! The Save the Dates were unbelievable and that's where the compliments started, we continued to receive tons of compliments after we sent out the invitations and even at the wedding in regards to the menus, favor tags, and seating chart! Her work is impeccable!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Adding right now - thanks!  Any guest hotel or honeymoon reviews you'd like to include?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honeymoon
    P*nta Cana - Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana
    The resort was breathtakingly beautiful , we originally booked the Castle Junior Suite and because it was our honeymoon we were upgraded to the Castle Junior Suite Oceanview!  The room was amazing and the view was beautiful.  The food was ehhhh, but towards the end of the vacation we were able to figure out what to eat.  Out of the restaurants there the Blue Marlin and the Wok were our favorite, but make sure to eat outside the Wok, I wasn't a huge fan of the hibachi.  The resort is all inclusive, which also includes 24 hour room service.  The resort has so much going on that you never really have to leave!  We received a schedule of events everyday at turn down service, the events usually included bike rides, pool aerobics, volleyball tournament, cigar tasting, rum tasting, beer pong, spanish lessons, nightly shows, the list could truly go on and on!  We are already planning our trip back there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards