Florida-North Florida
Options

Needing help picking a wedding reception venue in Jacksonville

Hello fellow brides...I'm in desparate help.  I have looked and looked at just about every wedding venue near or around J-ville.  I looking to have about 150-200 guests and have trouble coming to terms with the price of the wedding reception.  If we could just pick a venue we could move on but i'm having trouble.  Does anyone have any suggestions?? 

Re: Needing help picking a wedding reception venue in Jacksonville

• Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is at The River House in St. Augustine, which is beautiful although it is pricey.  If you want more details on it, let me know :)

In my opinion, other great venues are: Cummer Museum & Gardens in Jacksonville, MOCA in Downtown Jacksonville and the Main Library in Downtown Jacksonville.  They are all very unique, which I prefer over the country club feel.  I would have gone with one of those for our reception had we decided to have ours in Jax instead of St. Augustine.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the Cummer Museum. I got married there in March and I fell in love with the location. The rental fee is pretty steep...but you can bring in all of your own vendors (including purchasing your own alcohol) so it allows you a lot more control over your spending than say, a hotel for example. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Winterbourne Inn http://www.winterbourneonstjohns.com/ it is in Orange Park, but still close to jax
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try the Ribault Club. Their prices are reasonable, especially if you get married on Sunday instead of Saturday. 

Also - Friday Musical and Club Continental.

What kind of environment are you looking for? There are more low key places to use such as Tree Hill Nature Center and COJ parks. 
  • Options
    kris2131kris2131 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was surprised to find out River City Brewing Company wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. They would include the space as well as the food, along with a few other perks.

We also looked at Friday Musicale and liked it. You could also check out The Hilltop in Orange Park. The whole area there is beautiful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    4cats4us4cats4us member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Hidden Hills Country Club.  The coordinator (Jennifer) is super helpful, and the food was fantastic!!
  • Options
    Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday Musicale is going to be tight, me and my husband were looking at doing ours there, we have 150-200 guests, but to fit everyone pretty much you have to use long rectangle tables, and it doesn't leave a lot of space for a dance floor. Plus the stage curtains were an awkward color, they would need to be covered to match your wedding colors.
    Club Continental and Winterbourne Inn don't have a lot of space either, and they aren't very reasonably priced. They seem good priced at first, but then they have a ton of extra fees, and you can only use it for 4 hours.
    Ribault Club is large enough, we were going to chose that place, but our date was already booked.
    Hilltop in Orange Park is big, and usually well priced, all of my in-laws have gotten married there. It's just not very pretty from the outside, and kind of in a not so great part of town.
    The Mansion of Hilliard is big and reasonable priced. They book fast though. And they are a little ways out of town, but I think it could be worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin is getting married at the mansion in hilliard in April. I like the venue, but dont like that it sits right on the main highway. There would be a lot of noise if you wanted an outdoor ceremony.

Ribault Club is my absolute favorite, I would get married there if my sister didnt get married there a couple of years ago.

I am getting married at the San Marco Preservation Hall, which is beautiful, but doesnt offer many accommodations for a reception so we are having a backyad reception at my parents home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards