Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Night sky theme

I want my "theme" for my wedding to be a night sky, celestial sort of thing. Im looking for it to be more romantic and subtle, rather than looking like a high school prom. Its very relevant to our love story since we first met at a bonfire under the beautiful night sky. I want my colors to be midnight/navy blue, with a soft yellow a cream or a butter color with gold accents. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for decorations that wouldnt look to gaudy or childish

Re: Night sky theme

• Options
    First of all...that sounds so beautiful and romantic!  

Second, some ideas might be...lots of candle light (which is usually a no-brainer and you've probably already thought of that lol).  I'm not sure what your venue is like, but I've seen people put white christmas lights up on the ceiling or on the walls and layer tulle over it...you could use navy or black tulle so the lights would look like stars in the sky.  

Depending on how far you want to take the night sky theme, you could name the tables after constelations...that would be unique.  

Also...it's a big thing to do smores bars at weddings these days and they're usually a big hit...it would incorporate the bonfire into your theme and I'm sure vendors that provide this for weddings make it nice and not tacky.
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for the smore bar idea! My family would absolutely love that! Id never even heard of that before.
  • Options
    That sounds lovely. Do you have your venue and do you really need decorations or just centerpiece ideas? Lanterns would be a lovely centerpiece idea and kind of carries on the bonfire/night time idea. You could find ones in gold and put a few sparkles on the table around it. The idea of twinkle lights under tulle is lovely.
  • Options
    Any decoration advice is appreciated but centerpieces have been the biggest snag. Your suggestion sounds lovely though, aswell as mvance3's comment about the lights with tulle. Thank you both! Im so excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards