New Jersey
Options

MACALUSO'S Brides **Cake Tasting Question**

Hey Girls,
 I have a question for those of you who are getting married at Macaluso's. When i asked about the cake tasting I was advised I had to contact Carlo's Bakery and set up a testing with them.
 I have made numerous calls and haven't received a call back? When I sent an email I was advised it's $100.00 for a testing? I don't think that would apply to me but before i responded I figured I would ask.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!! 

Re: MACALUSO'S Brides **Cake Tasting Question**

• Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    I don't know anything about Macaluso's but Carlo's does charge a standard $100 cake tasting fee, which is a rip off IMO.  Do they work with any other bakery because honestly Carlo's cake aren't even that good compared to other bakeries. It's all about the name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_macalusos-brides-cake-tasting-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7e74ef7e-dd97-41e3-981d-d4bb6090faadPost:dfb3407b-3be1-43b3-915b-03267063565d">Re: MACALUSO'S Brides **Cake Tasting Question**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know anything about Macaluso's but Carlo's does charge a standard $100 cake tasting fee, which is a rip off IMO.  Do they work with any other bakery because honestly Carlo's cake aren't even that good compared to other bakeries. It's all about the name.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>i agree, the wedding cake is included, and Carlos is there in house baker, So that is why I think a $100.00 fee is ridiculous to charge when your tasting should be included.</div><div>
    </div><div>I thought the $100.00 fee would be for people that are requesting a cake on there own. </div><div>
    </div><div>I have to agree I haven't heard great things about the cakes but i figured if included in my package i wasn't going to complain.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for your help!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Why don't you see if they will offer you a credit if you go elsewhere.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    Yes... I was thinking the same thing.  See if you can get a credit then go somewhere else.  Or, buy one cupcake each of each flavor you'd like to try.  I know it's not the same batter and/or baker, but maybe it would be close enough. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_macalusos-brides-cake-tasting-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7e74ef7e-dd97-41e3-981d-d4bb6090faadPost:bf4f4464-901d-43f5-8026-dfef404b7008">MACALUSO'S Brides **Cake Tasting Question**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Girls,  I have a question for those of you who are getting married at Macaluso's. When i asked about the cake tasting I was advised I had to contact Carlo's B aker y and set up a testing with them.  I have made numerous calls and haven't received a call back? When I sent an email I was advised it's $100.00 for a testing? I don't think that would apply to me but before i responded I figured I would ask. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!! 
    Posted by jennifer.carrier[/QUOTE]

<div>Hii.. I think I am getting married there around the same time as you.. There aren't many Macalusos brides on here... I didn't ask for a tasting and they didn't offer it either.. I just picked the cake and the flavor.  I'm sure it will be good plus they have a ton of other desserts in the viennese hour so I wasn't too picky about it but they should offer a tasting if requested.. I know this doesnt really answer your question.. sorry.. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_macalusos-brides-cake-tasting-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7e74ef7e-dd97-41e3-981d-d4bb6090faadPost:04987830-5d03-48dc-b953-9cf08697909d">Re: MACALUSO'S Brides **Cake Tasting Question**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to MACALUSO'S Brides **Cake Tasting Question** : Hii.. I think I am getting married there around the same time as you.. There aren't many Macalusos brides on here... I didn't ask for a tasting and they didn't offer it either.. I just picked the cake and the flavor.  I'm sure it will be good plus they have a ton of other desserts in the viennese hour so I wasn't too picky about it but they should offer a tasting if requested.. I know this doesnt really answer your question.. sorry.. 
    Posted by jess4xo3[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey!!</div><div> so i called again today and spoke to someone at Carlos Bakery I told them i was a macalusos bride and i wanted to come in for a cake tasting they gave me a code to wave the $100.00 fee and i made my appt online ....</div><div>
    </div><div>Figured i would pass the word on :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards