Getting in Shape

Couch to 5K

FI and I just completed week 1.  Phew!  We're feeling great except our legs are rather sore.  Looking forward to my legs getting stronger!  Anyone else have a successful week of working out? 

Re: Couch to 5K

• Congrats on getting through week 1!!  My legs were sore when I got back into running then I found YOGA :)  I still get some soreness if I ramp up my intensity, but for the most part, I've gained flexibility & my balance is better.  If you have a yoga DVD or class at the gym, it's worth checking out.  Good luck on week 2 :)
  • I just finished week 1 today too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yay, sparkles!  We're C25K buddies.  Haha. 
  • I have been stuck on Week 5 for like, 2 months lol. I keep having stuff happen, like I get super busy, and I also had to have my toenail removed on my right foot, so that took me out of commission running wise for 3 weeks. I was pissed. 

Just started back this week. Tuesday I sucked and couldn't finish, but I think that was partially because I was dehydrated. I did it again yesterday and finished no problem. I'll do week 5 again tomorrow, and then move on to the Week 6 now that my schedule seems to have leveled and my toe is healing. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • DH and I just finished week 1 tonight, too!

I've been feeling a little sore in my calves, but otherwise not too bad. DH has never been able to do cardio well, but he actually made it through tonight without huffing and puffing-so we're already seeing improvements in ourselves. I just really hope we stick with this. Good luck to everybody else that's toughing it out!

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Ramona, my calves are super sore too!  Which is weird for me bc I've never felt that kind of pain before when working out.  I feel the calf pain more when I'm walking instead of running which I also find odd.  Good luck to you and your hubby.
  • RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Thanks!

It's funny, when we were running tonight, DH said the same thing about his legs: "It hurts more when I walk, I don't even feel it when I'm running". I really didn't feel a difference between walking and running, but that's the only thing that really "hurts" me right now.

Neither of us really has any experience running, but I have done other workouts were my muscles were sore the next day, and it's definitely soreness, not pain (So I'm pretty sure my running form is good) ... so I'm hoping it's just my body getting used to running on a somewhat regular basis.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• I started this program a few weeks ago and noticed how much my legs (without a doubt the most toned/strongest part of my body) hurt. I went to a running store (not a Footlocker or other chain) and was fitted with a proper pair of running shoes. While I thought my other shoes were in great shape (only a couple of months old with no running time on them), they informed me why they weren't good for running. I walked in, told them what I was doing, what I wanted to spend (under $100), and they gave me what I needed! They even threw in a pair of running socks (who knew you weren't supposed to run in normal cotton? Not me!) I noticed a difference the next day. I'm going strong with the program and no long have aches and pains associated from the running (strength training yes! but not the running). Just a thought but that may be something to think about :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards