Tennessee

New Nashville Bride Here!

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I recently got engaged and just getting started with our wedding plans.  So far, we have picked a date, December 4!  That's about it...what next??  Help!

Leah

Re: New Nashville Bride Here!

• opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, congrats! I was a winter bride too (we've been married for 4 weeks now).

For me, the next big step after picking a date was to look at venues and photographers. A lot sort of falls into place after that.
  • edited December 2011

Congrats! The biggest step for me, after settitng the date, was to decided on and book my venue! Once that is done you will know which direction to go in as far as decor and style is concerned.

Opalsky..that picture is precious! Congrats to you as well!

-Hope

• mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!!

Like the others said, start with a venue. A venue can make or break the date you decided as your "date" so if you get your heart set on the date, be flexible with the venue, and vice versa.

The Knot has a great checklist to get you started, it's up in the righthand corner and says My Checklist.

Good luck! I'm the mod on this board, feel free to PM me with anything you need.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, thanks, Hope.

Winterwed, as I'm sure you've noticed, a lot of ladies post asking for advice on venues and other details. We're not all from Nashville, but some of us are, so ask away!
  • edited December 2011
    If you have it in your budget I would highly suggest a wedding planner. Mine has saved me tons through vendors and we are coming in at about half of our alotted wedding budget. I am using Helen Morrisette http://www.weddingsbyhelen.com/ and you highly recommend her. Good luck and have fun with your wedding planning.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!

I recommend doing the "big picture" stuff: nailing down a ceremony venue, a reception site, a photographer (The one I'm using is amazing!! www.jenniferdunawayphotography.com ), stuff like that!

Are you going to be using a wedding planner? I ADORE mine! ( http://www.amusiccityevent.com ) I go to school in Alabama, so it has been hard to plan my wedding from 300 miles away! She has been a DREAM!!!!!! After our first conversation, she got right on the phone with vendors and had set up appointments for us by the next day!

Hope this helps!! :) Good luck planning! It is really so much fun!! Laughing
  • damront1damront1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get a photographer and venue first thing! my frined is a photographer in knoxville and i know she always runs crazy deals in dec. and i get to come with her sometimes when she comes to nashville which i LOVE...check her out www.yourreflections.com (sorry shes my bff so I have to brag about her and try to help her out!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards