Wisconsin

Lighting Costs?

What does it cost, on average, to have special lighting at your reception say from a company like ACME?  Ballpark?

Re: Lighting Costs?

• jackie5387jackie5387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about ACME but I booked up lighting for my reception hall through my DJ. I booked Double Platinum DJ services and the owner, Bill, his wife owns a lighting company. I believe it is $300.00 for the room.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  That's not too bad.  Something tells me ACME is pretty pricey.  Anyone tried Canopies?
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto with Jackie, she may confirm this but I think Double Platinum is about it for the Milwaukee area.
  • edited December 2011
    i spoke with acme one and if i recall correctly the lighting packages start at like 700...have you tried to see if your dj offers any lighting options?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have not heard of another company in the area that has a better price. $300 seemed pretty reasonable to me. I didn't do too much research though. The few places I looked at charged per light, which can add up. I know Double Platinum DJs have a variety of colors too. He actually gave me two kits of color choices. Good luck!

• toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ? We are using Sound By Design...and Paul has his own lighting he has invested in...we are getting married at the Grain Exchange...and if you look at the pictures online of all the uplight in the photos from their website (which was done by acme) Paul has the lighting equipment to do the same thing. What are you looking for in terms of lighting? Fun dance/disco type? Or something for ambiance?
  • boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, toniinzeo,

We're using Sound by Design, too. We're looking for full lighting design, especially uplighting and pinspot lighting. I hate the color of the ceiling in the ballroom we're using, so I want to do whatever I can to minimize it.  I imagine if he's handling the uplighting at the Grain Exchange he could probably handle our room, too.  Do you mind if I ask how much you're paying for lighting?
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm using Sound By Design too (monopoly?:) and I didn't inquire about lighting from him.  I thought he just had the disco lights.  I'm looking for uplighting, gobels (sp?) and pinspotting.  Perhaps a texture wash on the dancefloor.  Thanks ladies though for all your input.  I'll give Paul a call or shoot his mom an email.  She's doing our invitations! :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Here is the info for the person who is doing my up lighting. Her husband owns Double Platinum DJ services and she is now doing her own lighting service. Her name is Allison Spindler and her website is twilight-lighting.com.

• edited December 2011
    We had a band (that was amazing!) so lighting was not included.  By reccomendation, and a chance question at the State Fair Bridal expo we went throught Midwest Sound.  Even though we didn't hire them for DJ, he still came out to the venue for a quote, showed what he could do and offered it all for under $300.  In fact, the day of the wedding, he was setting up during the band soundcheck, and added in a couple "stage" lights for them at no extra cost. He wants to expand beyond just the DJ, so give him a call.

We only wanted to showcase the room, and keep the mood warm and romantic after dark. Simple uplighting and a couple spots, not a whole room camoflouge. Ask for Chad, he delivered, and tell him you saw the post.  I had found that when I mentioned I'm on the local message boards, vendors pay attention.

L. J. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing lighting through our DJ - Sound by Design - also!  I'm not sure yet how much it's going to cost, but I know it will make our room look amazing!  They've got photos of all their recent events (with lighting) on their facebook page, and as mentioned on this board, they're all over the city, so chances are your venue is shown!

Just search Sound by Design in Facebook and that should link to you them.  Maybe they've got a link on their website too?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards