Rhode Island
Options

Ceremony Locale

Hi Girls!
  I need your help.  I've sort of got my heart set on having my reception at the Edgewood Yacht Club (which is on the Cranston/Warwick/Providence line), but can't figure out a ceremony site so my FI isn't sold.  We're getting married April 7, 2012 (unless I can't find something I like).  SO, I'm looking for somewhere (1) cheap (2) indoors (3) not a church - unless it's a historical & non-denominational site or something.  I LOVE the idea of somewhere unusual/historic/charming.  Any ideas?

What I've thought/heard of so far:
Carousel House at Goddard Park
Chapel by the Sea
RW Botanical Garden

TIA!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Locale

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you planning on inviting? There are some interesting places in Providence but a lot of them hold a smaller number of people.
  • Options
    Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably around 100 (that probably would have been helpful).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for RW Botanical Garden!!!!!!  So cool!
  • Options
    Em&MC2BEm&MC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry no help with ceremony location but just wanted to let you know that we fell in love with edgewood as well. Our would have been there also but we had a problem with ceremony site as well as we have several elderly guests that could not climb the stairs. Beautiful place though hopefully it works out for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_ceremony-locale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:4c074c56-3272-4a35-a927-aa0e48b79f0bPost:27928702-9590-45c9-8e0c-ade177d74538">Re: Ceremony Locale</a>:
    [QUOTE]we fell in love with edgewood as well.
    Posted by Em&MC2B[/QUOTE]

It's great to hear another Wooray for the Edgewood Yacht Club.  You don't hear people talk about it thtat often, but I thought it was so cute (and affordable).  Here's hoping to finding a ceremony venue nearby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards