Moms and Maids
Options

My bridesmaids wont agree on a bacherlorette party

As I am winding down to under 2 months to go a coworker of mine had asked me if i had a clue if i was still having a bachlerlorette party. She apparently had been asked a few months ago if a date was okay and that was the last shes heard of it.

So i ask around and turns out none of them can agree on a plan for the night. Which is rediculous becuase its just one night and its not even about them. But my MOH apparently went around inquiring to people she thinks should come, so now i'm getting friends asking what is going on.

I dont know what to do anymore. Do I plan my own party?

Re: My bridesmaids wont agree on a bacherlorette party

• Options
    You don't throw your own party. If someone asks about it say "I don't know but why don't you ask MOH".
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_my-bridesmaids-wont-agree-on-a-bacherlorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:2112129e-1461-492f-9c88-aa272d5174e1Post:965e417d-477e-4651-b7f7-fb86cd02244d">My bridesmaids wont agree on a bacherlorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]As I am winding down to under 2 months to go a coworker of mine had asked me if i had a clue if i was still having a bachlerlorette party. She apparently had been asked a few months ago if a date was okay and that was the last shes heard of it. So i ask around and turns out none of them can agree on a plan for the night. Which is rediculous becuase its just one night and its not even about them. But my MOH apparently went around inquiring to people she thinks should come, so now i'm getting friends asking what is going on. I dont know what to do anymore. Do I plan my own party?
    Posted by Andy2126[/QUOTE]

No you dont plan your own party. That is really rude. If no one plans a bachelorette party for you then you dont have a party. I promise, your wedding will still be valid without another party.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    get ready ....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Don't plan your own party. If they can't agree on something, then you just might not get to have a bachelorette. And that's ok.

I don't have bridesmaids, but a couple months ago, a few close friends decided they wanted to plan something for me, so I said, sure, just let me know. Well, long story short everything has fallen through and at this point the next time we'll all see each other is at the wedding. So I'm not having a bachelorette. No big deal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_my-bridesmaids-wont-agree-on-a-bacherlorette-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:2112129e-1461-492f-9c88-aa272d5174e1Post:965e417d-477e-4651-b7f7-fb86cd02244d">My bridesmaids wont agree on a bacherlorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]As I am winding down to under 2 months to go a coworker of mine had asked me if i had a clue if i was still having a bachlerlorette party. She apparently had been asked a few months ago if a date was okay and that was the last shes heard of it. So i ask around and turns out none of them can agree on a plan for the night. <strong>Which is rediculous becuase its just one night and its not even about them</strong>. But my MOH apparently went around inquiring to people she thinks should come, so now i'm getting friends asking what is going on. I dont know what to do anymore. Do I plan my own party?
    Posted by Andy2126[/QUOTE]

Umm... It's not about them? Well let's see how fun the party is without them, by yourself. Maybe that will give some perspective. It's called a bacherlorette <strong>party</strong>. It takes more than just you to party.
    Sorry, but you come off a litle unappreciative there. Sometimes it's hard to coordinate things. If you want party guests, then yes, other people's schedules are nearly as important as your own.

Just the fact that people are asking about it because they were told about it before means that people are at least trying to put this together for you. So even if it ends up not working out, you should be very happy that people have cared enough about you to try.

I hope people are able to throw you a party that you'll love. But if it doesn't work out, at least you know they were thinking about you.

Good luck!
  • Options
    The only time I didn't frown on someone for planning their own bach. party was my friend, E.  Her sister (MOH) sent out invites, hyped it up on FB...and that's where it stopped.  Since the invites were out and many people were traveling for 2-3 hours to come to the party, my friend ended up coordinating everything herself.  Not fun for her.

Don't plan your own party.  Have a girls night but don't call it a bach. party.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards