June 2012 Weddings

Anyone not taking a honeymoon?

We're not going on one right away for financial reasons. I would LOVE a decent rest from all this wedding madness but sadly I'll be back at work 3 days after my wedding. It's exhausting thinking about it. Is anyone else in the same boat? If you are, are you planning on taking a trip later this year?

FI and I are thinking of going somewhere for New Years but we don't know where yet. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone not taking a honeymoon?

• We're not....at least we don't have any plans for one anytime in the future.  Our wedding is in Hawaii and since we will be spending most of our time with FI's family that he hasn't seen in 4 years (his parents in 2), we won't really have any time to ourselves.  And then we are going to Australia in January for his brother's wedding.  So we don't have the money or the vacation time to go away just the 2 of us somewhere.  We might try and get a Mini-moon in sometime this summer, but it won't be much.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are not. FH is very busy at work and we would rather spend the money on our house. We will be doing a front walkway with pavers, building a deck in the back yard and finishing the bsmt in the winter. We will probably go away next year in the summer.
  • janeash that's a lot of traveling! We are also treating our wedding as a mini family reunion since we both rarely see family anymore. I hope you enjoy Australia, that should be fun.

MMCBRIDE those house projects sound like a lot of fun. I'm sure you're excited about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FI and I are doing a mini-moon for 4 days and 3 nights at a B&B. We are going on our honeymoon in March.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    FI and I aren't doing one. We went to Jamaica this past December since we knew we wouldn't be able to do anything afterwards. 

A few weeks after the wedding, we're getting ready to move back to the DC area, then I have to leave for 3 months of training in Alabama and automatically leave for another 6+ months of training in Mississippi. He has a 3 month training as well, down in San Antonio and we're hoping ours don't happen at the same time (we're both at the mercy of the military), or else his mom will fly to DC to watch our daughter. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-not-taking-a-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2003bf02-2588-42ad-8437-bb6f3e829ca4Post:34f96676-6198-4ba6-8273-1c732cffa43b">Re: Anyone not taking a honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]janeash that's a lot of traveling! We are also treating our wedding as a mini family reunion since we both rarely see family anymore.<strong> I hope you enjoy Australia, that should be fun</strong>. MMCBRIDE those house projects sound like a lot of fun. I'm sure you're excited about it.
    Posted by paigejessica[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks.  FI is Australian so I lived there for 10 months a few years ago!  Can't wait to go back and see everyone!  We did contemplate taking a honeymoon-holiday attached to that trip, but I don't think either of us could get the time off work.</div>

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're not taking one immediately after; we are going to Barbados later this year and we're doing a FingerLakes tour the week after we get married. Not technically a honeymoon since we're so close to home and it's only two nights.
    Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-not-taking-a-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2003bf02-2588-42ad-8437-bb6f3e829ca4Post:ed552566-0646-452b-aa40-c09e4993caf2">Re: Anyone not taking a honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I aren't doing one. We went to Jamaica this past December since we knew we wouldn't be able to do anything afterwards.  A few weeks after the wedding, we're getting ready to move back to the DC area, then I have to leave for 3 months of training in Alabama and automatically leave for another 6+ months of training in Mississippi. He has a 3 month training as well, down in San Antonio and we're hoping ours don't happen at the same time (we're both at the mercy of the military), or else his mom will fly to DC to watch our daughter. 
    Posted by aor9487[/QUOTE]

that sounds really difficult. I admire your both serving our country and sacrificing so much including your time together.
  • We are doing a mini-moon as well. We live in colorado but have been long distance for many work and custody reasons.  Due to our work schedules we will be doing 2 nights in Telluride (about 3 hours from us) then hopefully going to FL in September or CA depending on whats happening at that time. We went to Puerto Rico last Novemeber for our nice vacation.  we also are doing work on our house, putting in new flooring and a lot of yard work.
  • We are going on a honeymoon for 4 nights in the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas. We will leave the morning after the wedding. It isn't a super exotic honeymoon but my FI loves the mountains and I think it will be nice to relax with light hiking and canoeing.  I had a feeling if we did not opt to go on a honeymoon directly after the wedding, we probably shrug it off and not go at all.
    Congrats to everyone on your upcoming wedding!
  • cwill6212cwill6212 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We're not having an immediate honeymoon (which bites, by the way) I'm taking off Thurs-Fri this week to take care of last min wedding stuff and get a little pampering. And then I'm taking the following Monday off from work and school. So, this time next week, I will be at work once again (sigh).

We're going to try and save $ for a trip later in the summer or we may wait til the holidays (after I graduate from college) and take a late honeymoon/graduation trip.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-not-taking-a-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2003bf02-2588-42ad-8437-bb6f3e829ca4Post:34f96676-6198-4ba6-8273-1c732cffa43b">Re: Anyone not taking a honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]janeash that's a lot of traveling! We are also treating our wedding as a mini family reunion since we both rarely see family anymore. I hope you enjoy Australia, that should be fun. MMCBRIDE those house projects sound like a lot of fun. I'm sure you're excited about it.
    Posted by paigejessica[/QUOTE]

I am very excited about this. We've slowingbeen starting some work. We put in the front garden with a paver wall, next is the walkway :) After the wedding
  • We aren't. FI is in the military as well and just doesn't have the time. His family lives in western NY so it's really expensive to go see them, and we will be doing a belated wedding reception up there in November. So, that's our vacation. I'm hoping to take our kids to Disney sometime in the next few years.
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • We aren't either.  We were going to go to Hawaii in Aug (he's a teacher/coach and doesn't have time off from school/practice until then anyway) but we've decided to put the money into our house.  We are thinking about going to Vegas for a few days in Aug, but not sure yet because we will have gotten our puppy by then and I don't know if I'll want to leave her!  LOL

We are going to take our official honeymoon next year for our anniversary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-not-taking-a-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2003bf02-2588-42ad-8437-bb6f3e829ca4Post:6827a4af-7b31-4f7e-8102-f1c989113ab4">Re: Anyone not taking a honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone not taking a honeymoon? : that sounds really difficult. I admire your both serving our country and sacrificing so much including your time together.
    Posted by michelletobin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you, Michelle. We've both been in for just under 7 years now, so it's pretty much just the name of the game. We just celebrate milestones and other special occasions when we're all together, cuz that's what matters :) </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-not-taking-a-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:2003bf02-2588-42ad-8437-bb6f3e829ca4Post:68a30916-057d-4b68-94e5-8f1b1ccdc51c">Re: Anyone not taking a honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We aren't. FI is in the military as well and just doesn't have the time. His family lives in western NY so it's really expensive to go see them, and we will be doing a belated wedding reception up there in November. So, that's our vacation. I'm hoping to take our kids to Disney sometime in the next few years.
    Posted by caitlintaylor07[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Completely understand! I'm sure that any time spent together is a happy time though, especially with his potential deployments and what not. I know Disney does Salute to the Troops deals every now and then. We took our daughter back in 09 and stayed at Shades of Green (the military resort there), where they charge according to rank. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • We won't be doing anything immediately after the wedding.  We've been talking about doing a cruise in the winter, but nothing has been booked yet.
  • We are doing a overnight mini-moon. We're planning a 40th birthday/1 year anniversary trip to Vegas next May/June for a week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • JunsuiJunsui member
    First Comment
    We're not, just taking the week after off work.  Not going anywhere at all.  Our main goal right now is to pay off all our debt and finish furnishing the house. :)  We'll be happy just spending time together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards