Honeymoon Discussions
Options

honeymoon in alaska

my finace and i are trying to find a romantic but affordable place to stay in alaska but im having trouble finding something and was wondering if anyone had suggestions?

Re: honeymoon in alaska

• Options
    The only place I've ever been is Ketchikan. I can't remember the place of where we stayed.

It was about 10 miles out of the city and it was rugged and beautiful. The place was nice, but it wasn't overly honeymoon/romantic. I loved it, but you wouldn't find me in an overcrowded resort for my honeymoon either.

I went on a boat up the Misty Fjords and floatplaned back. STUNNING.

I also love history, and there is plenty of that. There is a resterautn downtown that you take a cable car to get to. It was beautiful.

Lots of options. Look at bed and breakfasts. Instead of starting with trip advisor, start with the vistors bureau website.
  • Options
    What time of year are you going, and do you have any idea of what region you want to be in?  Take a look at the Land's End Motel in Homer.  We stayed in September last year and it was really affordable at that point.  They have a spa and a restaurant on site.  It's right at the end of the Kenai Peninsula, surrounded by water with a really nice beach area out behind the hotel.  Or you could look into a cabin in Denali, or Aleyeska Ski Resort in Girdwood.

I would suggest checking out Frommer's Guide to AK.  I used it when planning our trip.  It's written by a life-long Alaskan who has been all over the state from camping to hotels, and has a lot of great advice on places to stay, eat, etc.
    Vacation

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards