North Carolina

Honeymoon B&B

We live in Maine, we are thinking about driving to south carolina and stopping wherever and whenever we want on our way there, but we are most interested in Charleston and Charlotte, anybody know of any great bed and breakfasts in the area?  The wedding is in October of next year, if that makes any difference.

Re: Honeymoon B&B

• I don't know if there really are B&B's in Charlotte... if you're wanting to experience the city, I'd recommend staying uptown in a hotel.  Also, if you're trying to stick to the coast and keep it beachy, Charlotte is probably not the right place for you.  Its 6-8 hours from the OBX (depending where you go).

Now, Charleston is a different story.  Downtown is full of a lot of really neat boutique hotels and I know I've seen B&B's out on some of the islands. 
    For food, be sure to check out Hyman's downtown, have a drink at the rooftop bar at the Vendue Inn, and go eat oysters at Red's out in Mt. Pleasant. Also, Poe's on Sullivan's is ahhhmazing for burgers.

October in the Carolinas is a funny month... it could be 80 degrees, it could be 35... there's just no telling!
  • thank you for your help!
  • I'm really not sure Charlotte would be there interesting unless you're looking for the city life rather than a relaxing stay. I would choose Charleston. It would be more romantic and even the regular hotels would feel more than B & Bs. Any B & B's in Charlotte would not be that close to the city I wouldn't think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards