Texas-San Antonio

Spinellis Vistro?

Has anyone had any experience with this venue for a reception?

Also, I heard a nasty, horrible rumor about the owner...does anyone know if its true?

Re: Spinellis Vistro?

• DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't...but I'm really curious about what the rumor is?!? lol
  • RobynD99RobynD99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there to check it out and the owner was just really crude. He kinda made a dirty joke about the wedding night and was pushy about us signing. 

The venue was nice, but parking was an issue. Also the reception would be held on the second floor of the restaurant and it would be open for business at the same time so I thought that might be an issue.
  • I booked this venue for my ceremony and reception that will be next October. We are renting out the entire place, so there won't be anyone else there while we are there that day. Dennis does have a crude sense of humor, but he is very nice and not pushy at all. I don't get offended easily though. Don't believe everything you hear. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just got married at the Cathedral in Comfort.  The venue is really incredible, and very reasonably priced if you cater with them.  And in the past year they have made vast inprovements. Everything is so well set up that you really don't need to decorate at all.  We booked because of the venue and knew we were taking a chance on the catering. The food was fine, well served, and they had plenty.  Dennis is colorful, and bordered on unprofessional, but things went well for our day.  We had a couple small glitches, we paid for REAL dinnerwear, but that did not include glasses.  And they way they charged for drinks was different than what he told us when we booked.  He told us we would get a discount on the drinks we bought when we had an open bar, vs the cash bar price.   But the cash bar price was cheaper than what he told us in the beginning.  So it cost us a bit more, but it was cheaper for our guests.  At the end of the night I paid cash for the open bar and the bar manager seemed a bit incredulous when I asked for a reciept...that seemed odd to me.  And it took him a long time to find some thing to write a receipt on.  The big thing was that communicating with Dennis was weird, some days he would say he preferred emails, but then often when we would send an email, his response would be, "Call me and lets talk about it."  As far as the "rumour" well,,,,,I have no idea.  I do think that their online reviews are fabricated, they are all too perfect.  Our wedding was October 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards