Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

So who is fortunate enough

to be working today/this week? 

I'll be here today, tomorrow, Wednesday and probably Thursday till 3:30 again - GAG me.  Friday is still up in the air.  I had to work last New Years Day and it SUCKED. 

How was everyone's Christmas??  What was your favorite gift? Any interesting FIL/IL stories that will make me chuckle?  Haha.

Married 9/19/09
Me: 27 // DH: 31
TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

Re: So who is fortunate enough

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was supposed to be off today, but I am trying to conserve vacation days, so I am here. I SO should have taken off, b/c there is no one here and all of the freaking calls are bouncing back to me. I'll be here all week through Thurs., regular hours.

We had a nice Christmas, but I am SO glad to be back in VA. The party/reception thing my in-laws had was nice I suppose, but she made food for 150 people and only 20ish showed up. She was kinda bummed. I did get to meet some people I've heard about though, so that was good.

I definitely have some in-law stories that are interesting. Well, more specifically, they are about my in-laws' friends, who are annoying and obnoxious... I'll share in a min. when I get caught up on emails.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Jenn, sorry you have to work this week :-/ I actually worked yesterday and today, but I am planning to take the rest of the week off.

It sucks that you have to work on Friday - who does that?!!

Anyway, no majorly exciting stories here. We went to the Four Seasons for dinner on Xmas Eve for a buffet, and the Ritz for an Italian five course meal. It was amazing - I will blog about it soon :-)

I am finally talking to my wedding photog today about making changes to my album so that it can finally be printed!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum, that dinner sounds so good Jbee. Also, I read about your father when I was catching up on posts- what a tough situation. Many vibes and prayers to you and your family.

Sooo, about the in-laws' friends...they are all very close, almost like family. We got them a $25 gift card to Cracker Barrel b/c DH thought they go there. Well, they don't, and made that very well known. They complained that the portions are too small, and DH later learned that his parents offered to buy the gift card from them! WTF?!

Also, these people are heavy smokers, so they often stink. We brought back pizzelles they made, and when I went to eat one last night, I tasted smoke. It was so disgusting, like I was eating a cigarette. Needless to say, all of those got dumped in the garbage ASAP. I hate throwing away food, but I wouldn't want anyone to eat those!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not working (since I teach), but I'm on here doing a bunch of things I need to get finished.  I'm leaving here in abotu an hour to drive back up to Pittsburgh to have a recall done on my car-there are no Mazda dealerships close to me so I figure I'll go and visit my parents again.
    FI and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family in Pittsburgh.  It was really nice.  The best gift was a share Christmas/wedding present from my parents-they got us a honeymoon in Hawaii!  I am very excited about that:-)

Hope you guys have a great day at work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is an awesome gift Heather!! Smile

I didn't get anything especially spectacular, but MIL got me some clothes that are actually cute and that fit! (She's hit or miss on fashion sometimes). She also made us an ornament for out first married Christmas- very sweet. Also, at the reception/party thing, someone made us an afghan that is beautiful. It's things like that I will treasure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

HI everyone!  I'm not working, but popping in and out.  5 days!!!!  Whooo hooo!

Our christmas was good.  Best present was my rents are re-doing my childhoold bedroom for DF and I after we are married.  New bed, wallpaper, curtains, etc etc.  They gave us the comforter set wrapped with a really nice note about how we are always welcome, etc.

Low point - My almost brother in law proposed to his gf (the one that stopped taking her pills on purpose to get pregnant and most of us cannot stand her, she is the rudest person alive), so that was a bummer. He didn't even ask her to marry him, just handed her the ring.

We went ice fishing yesterday and I caught some beauties and so far today we've gotten 5 inches of fresh snow.  It's about 0 here, and should be the rest of the week, so it will stay!  Let it snow!

Jenn - that's realllllly poopy you might have to work Friday.  Who does that!!

Kim - glad the reception thingy went well, I know you were dreading it.  Did you wear your dress again or something else?

Heather - so exciting about the HM!!  My cousin went to Hawaii for 3 weeks for hers, and said it was fantastic!!

So happy Monday ladies and happy wedding week to me!

August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather - that sounds like a pretty awesome gift!! YAY for honeymoon gifts! :)

Kim - Your IL's friends sound awful!! I don't care if you don't like the place you got a GC for, shut your mouth and be thankful you got a gift.  I probably wouldn't have even gotten them anything.  How rude.

JennyB-  Your dinners sound amazing!! And that 5 course meal - mouth watering!

DH and I got some very nice things for Christmas.  My parents got us a Blu Ray player and my brother already knew about it so he got us some movies to watch on it (including Rudy and The Bourne Trilogy - awesome).  My Grandfather and his wife got me some beautiful jewelry that I LOVE.  Usually she gets me a lot of random pieces that I never wear but these I definitely will.  I'll have to find pictures online and post them. 

We also got a weekend at Seven Springs during their Gourmet Weekend plus a gift card to use for skiing/tubing/etc.  I've never been to Seven Springs so I'm really excited about that! 

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy wedding week, Bri! I can't believe it's almost 2010! I didn't wear my dress b/c 1. It was very informal and I would've felt weird and 2. There was snow and mud/dirt everywhere, and I wouldn't want to get my dress dirty, esp. since it has been cleaned.

Jenn- that weekend at Seven Springs sounds wonderful! I've only been there once, for a competition in HS, but it was nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn, I love Rudy.  I think if you have to work New Years you should bring in a bunch of crockpots and "tailgate" at work.  I got a few presents I absolutely love.  ILs gave me the new Gone With the Wind DVD set which I could have never justified buying for myself but was so happy to get. DH's Grandma bought me a purse with all different Penguins pictures on it (it's made out of jeans by a friend of hers).  And our families loved the calendars we made them with landscape pictures from our trip, that was only part of their gifts haha, we're not that cheap.
    Yesterday we had a great time watching the Steelers game and eating sushi with my BIL and his FI.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not working today, but I thought I would hop on for a little bit. I'm thinking about going shopping in Greensburg, if I find enough motivation.

My Christmas was great. The big box wasn't the sewing machine that I thought it was. FI got me a jewlery armoire, which I desperately needed. He also bought me a topaz / diamond ring (my something blue that I begged for) and a topaz / diamond key necklace. And he loved his new leather recliner for his manroom.

Jenn, that sucks that you have to work. Maybe it will be slow and you'll get to leave early. We go to Seven Spings often, you're going to have so much fun!

Kim, Your post makes me happy that I quit smoking. Ewe for stinky cookies.

Bri, What a crappy proposal! I'm not a fan of my FBIL's wife either. I'm so jealous you went ice fishing! I can't wait until it gets cold enough to go!

Heather, what a wonderful present!! What part of Hawaii are you going to? FI and I have been researching. There's so much to see and do, the horrible part is FI just got a new job and only has a week vaca. So, this idea might not work now.
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards