New Hampshire

Derry area?

We have been looking at venues in the Derry area; we checked out Promises and Castleton and we're going to check out BVI and Brookstone this weekend. We plan to go to Searles Castle at some point....

My question is for those of you that chose Promises, Castleton, Brookestone or Searles, what is your plan for OOT guests? We liked Promises except I don't know where people would stay.

I know of a few questionable motels in Salem, but I'd never stay at them and I'd never recommend them to my guests.

Half of FI's family is in Maine and would need somewhere to stay. We have family in FL and the rest of the people just don't live that close (an hour+ away). I'm not sure that everyone would want to stay, but I want to make sure there are options and I just don't see any in this area. Without having to go all the way to Manchester.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Derry area?

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Castleton and everyone is staying at the holiday inn or the laquinta in Salem off of exit 2.

I have a 1/4 of the guest list coming down from ME and a 1/4 from the south and 50% from MA.

We figured giving two options would help out some people price wise.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks! Thats not too far. I live in Derry, but I honestly never go to Salem. I'd always go to Nashua or Manchester instead. So I really don't even know what Salem has to offer. LOL. If we decide to go with promises we will have to check them out!

• DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Searles Castle is amazing, we put our deposit down a couple of weeks ago :)  Pictures don't do it justice, it's incredible in person.

As for places to stay, we actually asked the folks there where they would recommend; they told us they've heard good things about the La Quinta and Holiday Inn in Salem.  I did a little poking around on both hotels, and I plan to do more before we actually block rooms in a year or so, but there do seem to be several hotels in the area regardless so I'm not terribly worried.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_derry-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:6d4d8d29-d341-4ae5-94d6-98186e6c73b6Post:4f4134d0-7db2-45bf-bc3b-9baa3186faea">Re: Derry area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Searles Castle is amazing</strong>, we put our deposit down a couple of weeks ago :)  Pictures don't do it justice, it's incredible in person. As for places to stay, we actually asked the folks there where they would recommend; they told us they've heard good things about the La Quinta and Holiday Inn in Salem.  I did a little poking around on both hotels, and I plan to do more before we actually block rooms in a year or so, but there do seem to be several hotels in the area regardless so I'm not terribly worried.
    Posted by DrPB2b13[/QUOTE]

Yea it is very nice. My brother got married there about 6 years ago and it was nice. They don't have very much on the website though. They didn't have anything about prices, so I want to at least check them out to see how they compare price wise.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto to what Dirty Water said. Both those hotels are only about 3 miles away from Castleton, if I remember correctly.
    Photobucket
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_derry-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:6d4d8d29-d341-4ae5-94d6-98186e6c73b6Post:c2834991-4e25-4ce6-9ad0-8d0ba42e73b8">Re: Derry area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Derry area? : Yea it is very nice. My brother got married there about 6 years ago and it was nice. They don't have very much on the website though. They didn't have anything about prices, so I want to at least check them out to see how they compare price wise.
    Posted by RockyNFrankie[/QUOTE]

If you want to get an idea of prices before you even visit, they were more than happy to email me their brochure and price list when I asked, long before I set up a visit.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    We are from Derry, and are getting married at Searles Castle in Windham. Have you thought about the Atkinson Country Club for hotel arrangements? They have over a dozen rooms in their resort. That's where we are staying for our wedding night, and some of our guests are too. They book fast! Good Luck:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards