New Jersey

Bridal Shops in Central NJ

Hi,

I am getting married in NYC, however, I will be shopping for my bridal gown in NJ (Somerset/Mercer county area and around).  My Mum thinks we should go to David's Bridal because of the selection there, but all I can see are bad reviews on the internet.  At this stage I am not sure what kind of dress I would like (I have ideas, but too many to call it a narrow idea!).

Can you recommend bridal shops that have a reasonable selection, a reasonable price and nice staff?  Is this too much to ask of somewhere??

Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shops in Central NJ

• Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Try Russell's in Linden or Hollywood Bridal.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Jefre's Bridal in Green Brook on route 22.

Got my gown and my BMs' dresses there

great customer service.. great price ranges...
  • edited December 2011
    I second Jefre's. I went to Davids Bridal first and was completely dissappointed. I found a dress that I liked but wasnt sure. The next day I went to Jefres and found my dress. Their customer service is great and they have dresses to fit any budget.

Heather And Stephen

10-2-10

• edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Fantasy Weddings in Robbinsville, The Perfect Dress in Lawrenceville, or The Bridal Suite in Hamilton.
  • edited December 2011
    The Bridal Suite in Hamilton (Mercer County) is great!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    DItto The Bridal Suite.  They were so nice.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I Do I Do in Morristown - they are fairly new but the shop is beautiful and the service was great.  Wide selection of gowns, as well.
  • edited December 2011
    It's not in the counties you listed, but Diane & Co, in Freehold (The Scali family from Jersey Couture) own it. I went to HS with Kim. They do have an AMAZING bridal selection!
  • edited December 2011
    Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth!
  • edited December 2011
    Jefre Bridal was incredible to work with....amazing service and reasonable prices.  I would highly recommend them!
    If you haven't chosen a makeup artist yet, let me know.  I'm a bridal makeup artist in NYC/NJ....I've recently started my own business and I offer great group rates.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Russell's! 
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridal-shops-central-nj-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:73becd04-7218-4fc4-8579-5788700e8082Post:0fa88714-6194-428f-a27c-e960024f0eed">Re: Bridal Shops in Central NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not in the counties you listed, but Diane & Co, in Freehold (The Scali family from Jersey Couture) own it. I went to HS with Kim. They do have an AMAZING bridal selection!
    Posted by melliott09[/QUOTE]
    If you are on the shy side I would avoid Diane & Co. I found them to be overwhelming when I went there years ago. One of them shoved fake boobs down the front of my dress while I was in the center of the store -- without asking.
  • edited December 2011

Ditto the Hamilton/Robbinsville/Lawrenceville recs and Russell's in Linden.

• edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone - I have booked an appointment at Jefre's Bridal on Saturday!
  • Anna800Anna800 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BEWARE!  I was recently ripped off by Jefre Bridals! They passed off my MOB gown as new when it is actually the same dress from their rack that I had tried on in their store 5 months earlier!! I realized this after having it altered and bringing it home, when I happened to look at a photo my daughter had taken of me in the sample gown and noticed a defect on the front of the gown in the photo that I had had the seamstress fix on "my" gown during the alterations. They supposedly ordered the gown one size smaller for me than the one I had tried on, but upon close inspection of my gown, I can tell that they ripped out the size on the label and replaced it with a size smallerl!!!  CROOKS!!!!!!!
  • dinnamingdinnaming member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from the Bridal Suite in Hamilton.  
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards