Tennessee

TN Honeymoon :)

Hey all, I'm a June 2011 bride from Florida. FI and I are planning on going to Gatlinburg area for our honeymoon. We wanted to go somewhere neither of us had gone before, and since we live in Florida at the beach, we wanted to steer clear of tropical. So we thought Gatlinburg, the Smokies, and that area would be a great choice! We plan on renting a cabin while we're there. If anyone from that rea has an recommendations on what we should do/see/go/etc please let me know! We've sent for brochures and checked the local website but I was hoping for some locals opinions. We'll have a car so driving in the vicinity (say within an hour of Gatlinburg?) is a viable option as well. Thanks in advance for the recommendations! :)

Re: TN Honeymoon :)

• EasyAsh1220EasyAsh1220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Black Bear Lodging for a cabin, my friends and I have stayed there the past few years and they do great deals like stay 2 get 3rd night free and so on, really awesome to work with and if we needed anything they were quick to assist.   http://www.blackbearlodging.com/

I am from Knoxville, which is not too far and I always recommend the Hillbilly Golf, it is lots of fun.  You can't have the full Gatlinburg/PF experience without visiting Dollywood or the Dixie Stampede! Or if you wanted to get out of the heat the aquarium is a must see in my book.  They also have some new exhibits up there now like the Titanic, which I have heard is pretty cool. The upside down house (not quite sure on the exact name) and of course the never ending shopping including the Tanger Outlet malls.

Hope some of that helps lol!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_tennessee_tn-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:125Discussion:5a0a6cd4-d57f-4907-9287-9b83f5b4cf11Post:b9d9b180-2fc7-457d-b26c-5e3d4b47ddd6">Re: TN Honeymoon :)</a>:
    [QUOTE] The upside down house (not quite sure on the exact name) 
    Posted by EasyAsh1220[/QUOTE]

<div>WonderWorks. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm also from Knoxville. My FI and I love driving through Cades Cove in the Smokies, then going to dinner at the Apple Barn in Sevierville. The apple fritters are heavenly! Be sure to order a full glass of Apple Julep-- it's a non-alcoholic drink with an apple juice base and a fantastic blend of other juices. Tubing in Townsend is always fun in the summer. If you come down to Knoxville, we have a great zoo, with some baby red pandas and a toddler chimpanzee named George. There's often a free concert in Market Square on Thursdays in the spring and summer, called Sundown in the City, and there are also free Shakespeare performances there. If you're in Market Square for those events or just because, I'd recommend Nama Sushi Bar on Gay Street, Cafe 4 on Market Square, and the Bistro at the Bijou. Mast General Store is also a lot of fun!</div><div>
    </div><div>Enjoy the area! It's beautiful with plenty of things to do! Happy wedding and honeymoon!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ahh that's the name!! Thanks lil miss

Oh how could I forget about Nama, that place is amazing, oh and Cafe 4! This is making me sad I moved to Nashville :(      I always visit Mast General when I come for a visit, that place is awesome, my FI and I always have to bring back a bag or two of the candy Smile  

• laurenfplaurenfp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You definately need to go eat at Apple Barn! Those fritters are to die for, wish I lived closer! We always go to Professor Hackers to play putt-putt but there are so many different places to play if you enjoy that! Cades cove is also very relaxing and enjoyable!  I have not been to Wonderworks or Titanic but have heard so many great things about them!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're going to the Gatlinburg area, don't forget all the Ripley's attractions: the Haunted Adventure, Davy Crockett Mini-Golf, The Moving Theater, Guiness World Records Museum, Mirror Maze and Candy Factory, and of course Believe It Or Not Museum, and Ripley's Aquarium Of The Smokies, the gem of the Gatlinburg area. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That Haunted Adventure is something else...maybe I am a weenie but I didn't make it through the entire thing lol
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the the suggestions! I can't wait to sit down with FI and start pulling the ideas!!! And as far as haunted things...I'm ALL about it, any excuse to get in FI's arms is fabulous...though, on a honeymoon I doubt I'll need more reason than that! haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards