Snarky Brides

Is Something Like This Okay to Wear?

I have a (semi-formal) wedding to go to that will take place in the evening at an art gallery. I want to wear a dress so I don't have to figure out pieces to wear together and I love this one. Is it okay? If it is, should I get it in black or blue? (Also, a friend told me I shouldn't wear all black to a wedding, but I've never heard of this before). I'm having a difficult time finding one I like that will look good because I'm plus-sized and I have an odd, curvy shape. Any advice is appreciated. TIA.

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Ladylike-Style.aspx?PfId=19711&DeptId=22429&ProductTypeId=2
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Is Something Like This Okay to Wear?

• I like it. I'd be more likely to wear the black again, even with the whole don't wear black to weddings deal (whatever, my mom wore all black because that was the dress she liked, didn't bother me), but I like the blue too. 
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I like it too. You could always do a colored belt and/or shoes with it so that you aren't all black. 
  • I like the black one!

Any- my mom wore black too and she looked great. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I like it a lot, especially in black!  I have a pretty plain LBD that I've worn to several weddings, and I usually wear it with red shoes so I'm not in all black.
  • I really like it, plus finding shoes/accessories is so much easier.

I've heard of the whole "no black" thing, but my mom wore black to our wedding, as did our BMs. They all looked fabulous and loved being able to wear a black dress.
  • Thanks for the input. I think I am going with this dress and I love the idea of red shoes and maybe a red cardigan to go over it.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like it!  there's a reason the LBD is a classic.  Maybe throw a colorful scarf on the break up the black?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not wearing black is an old tradition - black is typically a color of mourning so one woulnd't wear it to a wedding. Black is now very common at weddings but I would never wear it myself. I just don't think black is appropriate and would wear other colors (but also wouldn't wear white).

That's just me and what I would feel comfortable in at a wedding - it is very common today so  if you like it, get it in black.
  • I love it in either color.  I'd probably get the black, simply because I lean towards neutrals for dresses, but my fiance would tell me to get in in blue because I wear too much black.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Black and accesorize with something colorful! REUSE!
  • I like the black. Add some color with shoes, jewelery and purse so that it doesn't look you're going to a funeral.
    Love and Blessings
    September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards