Michigan-Lansing
Options

Dress shopping// Letts and Fantastic Finds

I went shopping on Saturday while we had some time after the Thanksgiving festivities. My mom, aunt and I began at Lett's Bridal on Saturday morning (at 11:30, they open at 11am). The woman working at the time was so rude when we walked in, asking us if we made an appointment, which I had not. I did not see anywhere on their website where saying "appointment requested/recommended." She acted very put-off by this and said I could try on 3 dresses. Umm ok, this is not sounding like you are going to be very helpful. They also seem to carry primarily ballgowns, and I am looking for more of an A-line dress. Tried on the three dresses and did not feel very excited about them. Also the bridemaids dresses were on the more expensive side (most seemed about $175-200 and those were for short dresses!).

We then went to Fantastic Finds, and they got me in for an appointment for a half hour after we arrived, so we left for a quick lunch. They were really great! There were a great selection of dresses and most seem to be within my price range ($1,000-$1,500). When I was pretty settled on a dress, they brought me to try on veils and jewelry- which they have a great selection of as well. I was hesitating and couldn't make a decision however, but they gave me a pair of earings as a gift for coming in, as well as a thank-you email I received the same day. Great experience, I highly recommend.

Just a few thoughts on trying on dresses in Lansing that might be helpful.

Re: Dress shopping// Letts and Fantastic Finds

• Options
    kygirl23kygirl23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be glad you didn't go any farther with Lett's, they are currently involved with a lawsuit for not ordering a dress and designers are pulling dresses from their shop. Definitely not a place you want to get a dress from. I am actually going to post about the experience my BFF had when I went dress shopping with her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. Thanks. I was seriously considering Lett's for the longest time. I haven't gone dress shopping yet, but I thought since every dress I looked at online that I loved was at Lett's then that's where I would go. I may still go there just to look around, but most deffiantly won't buy from there. If I look, it will just be for styles so when I go to Fantastic Finds, I can ask if they have that dress or can order it. I hope I like what Fantastic Finds has to offer. I love mermaid dresses, and Maggie Sottero, but I am open to anything.
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you check out Wedding Bell in Okemos, too.  They do a great job and carry Maggie Sottero.  Katie and her staff are so nice and easy to work with.

Fantastic Finds won't tell you who makes a dress or let you take pictures until you buy a dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also had a great experience at Fantastic Finds. The first dress I tried on ended up being the one! I worked with Donna and she was so helpful and amazing and would definitely recommend future brides to go there! The two odd things about them though were they don't tell you the designer and you can't take pictures of the gown until you purchase it.
    I did go to Becker's Bridal before I went to Fantastic Finds and I had an awful experience there.  My wedding consultant was horrible.  She never asked me what I was looking for, what I liked, etc.  The only thing she was concerned about was whether I wanted white or ivory.  I would not recommend them to anyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_dress-shopping-letts-fantastic-finds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:e8c48fe4-3774-4743-bc0b-6a1db119fe9dPost:101eb0d1-93b5-499f-925d-9674d65021de">Re: Dress shopping// Letts and Fantastic Finds</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also had a great experience at Fantastic Finds. The first dress I tried on ended up being the one! I worked with Donna and she was so helpful and amazing and would definitely recommend future brides to go there! The two odd things about them though were they don't tell you the designer and you can't take pictures of the gown until you purchase it. <strong>I did go to Becker's Bridal </strong>before I went to Fantastic Finds <strong>and I had an awful experience there.  My wedding consultant was horrible.  She never asked me what I was looking for, what I liked, etc.</strong>  The only thing she was concerned about was whether I wanted white or ivory.  I would not recommend them to anyone.
    Posted by LinzynDave24[/QUOTE]

This exactly about Becker's...My consultant didn't even help me put on the dresses...my mom helped me into them....really made me upset about that...I tried on 5 and then we left...horrible experience there...
  • Options
    I was a two dress bride - my first from Fantastic Finds - I felt pressure to buy a dress from a consultant that was less than genuine with her feedback, the dress that came in was a different color than what was ordered - and I was stuck with it.

The second dress came from Becker's, they were wonderful.  I went because they were having a Maggie trunk show and they bent over backwards to accommodate me.  I was offered help putting on the dresses, but opted to get as far as I could on my own.  The ladies were more than patient with me, taking an hour appointment into well over two hours - and when I was wavering between two dresses brought in another consultant to give their opinon.  They even went as far as to squeeze me into a dress, size 2 (which I am not) to allow me to see how it would look when it was on (and over my hips) - they searched for a similiar dress so I could see the fit in that style.  Becker's was equally as accommodating when I went back for my pick-up and to find my jewelry.
  • Options
    Fantastic Finds is maybe the worst place ever. They constantly are screwing up my orders, they were very demeaning and snarky and having to take your shoes off is ridiculous, given their nasty carpet. I'm pretty sure when my dress arrives in the next few weeks, it'll be too short and the wrong color. They owe me a refund and I've been waiting for weeks. The no pictures policy is off puting and they wouldn't even tell me the name of my dress designer. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards