Chit Chat

Men's Warehouse: I can guarentee I will never go there again...

This post is specifically for the Men's Warehouse branch in Folsom, CA.

Just a couple of weeks ago, my man and I went to Men's Warehouse to get professional measurements and to see what styles we would like for our wedding party. When we walked in, we weren't welcomed or anything, even though there were four people at the front desk who watched us walk in. We walked around for a while, and after about ten minutes we approached one of the workers and asked for assistance.

One worker came from around the counter and asked what we would like, and we asked if they had a western/cowboy style if blazer that my FI could try on, the worker simply replied that "all the tux's look the same".... We asked about what size would best fit my FI and she just grabbed a blazer off the rack and handed it to him. She didn't tell us the size of the jacket. We had to look at the tag to get an answer...

Whatever happened to GOOD costumer service?

~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~

Re: Men's Warehouse: I can guarentee I will never go there again...

• Sounds like you found one or two bad employees at one store.   I wouldn't get worked up over it.  You can ask to speak to the manager of that branch, or go to another branch nearby, but I wouldn't go slamming a national chain becuase of the actions of one or two bad employees.

DSC_9275
  • I agree with PPs.  FI's never, ever had a problem with MW.  I prefer them over the others for service and selection. We've never had an issue.
  • We had an issue ordering suits for H and the GM (didn't send us all the shirts),  but they quickly corrected it and threw in a free tie.
    You can make so many problems go away by throwing in a free tie.
  • I agree with trying another location. We went with Seno and one location in our city was AWFUL, like the salesperson measured H wrong and was misinformed, etc. But we have been to two Seno locations that have wonderful customer service, and a good friend of ours is actually a manager for them and is magnificent.

H has ordered from MW for weddings he's been in and the one in our city gives great service. I think you found a bad location/salespeople, and I would try another before throwing in the towel with MW.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Wow, SM that was plain rude, not just bad service.

We're totally used to bad service in our town. We've stopped going to several restaurants we like because of it. It sucks when people don't care about their jobs. i mean, I don't have my dream job, but I at least pretend to care.
  • OP, as others have stated, I'd recommend trying another location.
    We had a similar experience at a MW in a mall that actually had two locations, in the same mall. So we walked to the second location and had a MUCH better experience.

Also, same goes for with most chain stores. I went to one DB and had the WORST experience and swore I wouldn't shop from them, but then I ended up needing a BM dress from them for a friends wedding. I went to another location and again, a completely different experience was had and that time, it was so much more pleasant.

Good luck! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't know but it seems the store itself hires people who have horrible customer service.
    Anytime that my fiance and have walked in (having to do with special occassions or weddings) we have never been greeted...no warm welcome or anything!

I know we won't be going there for his suit! I'd rather give our business, not to meantion money, to a company that cares for their customers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I have never had a problem with Davids Bridal.... They have always been really sweet to me, and they even ask if I want assistance or just want to look around myself. It felt good to have options! lol!
    ~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~
  • The Men's warehouse in Louisville was so bad.  We ordered 6 suits from them, out of those 6-they lost 5.  I would call them and they promised the suits were there, we would drive over and they would not be there.  Groomsmen from out of town came in and their suits were not there.  They said they would ship them to the store near the oot men and it never happened.  Our wedding is in 8 days and they still have not found the grooms suit!! I have contacted the store and spoke with the manager several times and he was rude and no help.  I contacted customer service and they did not do anything.  Any Brides in Louisville-DO NOT USE THEM!  They made a bride cry twice and It was bad service!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards