Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

carmel apple favors

Hello, I live about 15 minutes from the city and am wondering if anyone around here as done carmel apples for their favors? I found one place in carnegie but they are waaay over our budget.  I also looked into daffy apples but they do not ship in the summer months and my wedding is next September 3rd, so they are unable to supply us with them. Does anyone know where I can find them around pgh? thanks!!

Re: carmel apple favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    CarAmel

YWIA
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they typically are pretty expensive. however, a friend of mine is getting married in OH next month and when she attended the canfield fair last year she found a vendor that owns an apple farm to make them for her for something crazy like $1/ea. so maybe trying to contact a local farm might be helpful, like trax farm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, N!

I'd make my own!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding in September? Apples will be super cheap then. I agree with KR- if you have friends, invite them over and make your own.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I made my own chocolate covered pretzel favors for my wedding, so I don't think it would be too difficult to do caramel apples.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i am making poopsickles 4 my big day

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Dicer-I had my mom and MOH over about 5 days before the wedding and we churned out about 200 chocolate covered pretzels.  It was much cheaper then buying them and actually a fun wedding week activity!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards