September 2013 Weddings
Options

Im new here :)

Hey girls,

My name is Ashley, I'm 24 and my df proposed to me 2 days ago. I'm seriously beyond excited, but I think it just hit me today all of things I have to get done. lol. We have decided on a date, September 7, 2013. I was just curious what you do once he pops the question? My mind is kinda all over the place. lol HELP!

Thanks girls!
Jrnash

Re: Im new here :)

• Options
    CONGRATS!!

#1 Most important thing- decide on a budget and write it down! Find out if either sets of parents are going to help/contribute and WRITE IT DOWN.

Book your hall ASAP.. Many brides are booking 1-1 1/2 years out so hop on that band wagon!
  • Options
    GEEEEZZ thats unbelievable! 1-1/2 years old. wow. Well thank you! Ya ive been researching like no other for venues. Some of them are soooo out of my price range. hmmm, just gotta keep looking. I can't wait to look at wedding dresses! This is all so new to me that it still feels unreal lol. I guess I'm just that excited!
    Jrnash
  • Options
    First of all congrats ! I'm not much help as I too just started planning. I did already find my dress being as I saw it online , loved it , went to the store tried it on and bought it !! Good luck !!
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi and congrats!  I'm muddling through the planning process, but things are starting to feel more real.  Our ceremony space is set, we're going to slap a deposit on our venue -a ways away from homebase- in a few weeks, and I'm going dress shoping for the first time (well, first time SERIOUSLY) in September.

You definitely want to get moving on a venue - I'm getting married in a tiny corner of a big area so there's not so much of a rush, but if I'd wanted to get married 15 minutes up the highway in Philly I'd have booked long ago!

Good luck with everything and HAVE FUN!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!  Take a deep breath...it will all get done and it will all workout.

Like PP said start with budget. (good idea to talk with parents if they are going to help)  Start thinking about where and when you want to get married.  Think about your colors and wedding party. 

Try to remember to have fun!!  Laughing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely don't let anyone tell you that you're starting too soon.  Get all the main stuff out the way e.g. ceremony and reception venue, photographer, etc.  TK checklist can help.
  • Options
    Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Agreed with PP.  Make a budget and find a venue.  Don't just look on the knot, google around your area and talk with family members you never know what hidden gems you can find!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Late to the party, but congrats! 
  • Options
    leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Congrats. I too am getting married on that day. Yes there is a lot, but having a paper and pen planner has helped me create a timeline for myself. I'm doing a bunch of DIY projects so having the timeline helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married on 9/7/2013 too!!!!  We are doing it in Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay The Valley of the Falls!  Congratulations and happy planning!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congratualations!
    My advice is just relax and get your thoughts in order. I was so excited I wanted to get everything done immediately and not that I've had issues but there were moments when I wish I thought about it a teensy bit more.
    Good advice from previous posters, get a budget!
    Make the guest list! It sounds so early but you might want to invite everyone you know but then place it against the budget and realize you can only invite 50% of everyone you know!
    Lots of good information on TK and there are lots of other brides on here willing to help!
    Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sjr5107sjr5107 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Congratulations and welcome :)

The checklist on here is very helpful. Start with a buget and based off of that start checking out venues, etc. I did all of the big stuff first like venue, photographer, dress, DJ and now I get to have fun with all of the little things. Happy planning :)

• Options
    Congratulations!  PP have good ideas.  Get going on the looking for a venue, etc.  I started with a rough list of guests so I could keep track of addresses in one place and could center the whole thing around getting all the people FI and I wanted there in one place because that was important to us.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I think I'm gonna go by a planner n maybe a binder to organize all ideas and budgets. You all have great ideas and congrats to all of you too!! :)
    Jrnash
  • Options
    Congrats on the engagement...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards