November 2012 Weddings

Check

Another check off the list...made the deposit for the florist today.  I feel like I have done so much, but there aer always more things to do!
We Do - Since November 3, 2012

Re: Check

• This is a great "check". I haven't met with our florist yet (I say "I" on this one because fiance has said that he has no opinion on flowers) but our centerpieces are included with our venue package. I'm assuming this will narrow my choices somewhat, unless I choose to pay extra.  What kind of flowers did you decide on? I know next to nothing about flowers & I'm really uncertain of what is even considered in season for November.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know...I wanted fuller flowers, like dahlias, roses, etc.  Roses and lillies are always in.  Apparently dahlias are not (who would have thought), so she suggested spider mums, which are super cool and a bit cheaper but gives the same full, "spikey" effect.  I ruled out callas when they told me they are $15 per stem.  Initially I was doing to do oranges and reds, now I have completely switched to ivory.  Leaning towards ivory roses, ivory spider mums, white/ivory hydrangea for fullness and then some green pieces/leaves on the bottom.  I think I want mine wrapped in chocolate brown and the girls' in champagne. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • We are only using candles for centerpieces, which cuts the florist bill in half.  Flowers don't get me as excited as there parts of planning, but it became very obvious they were important to both mothers, and FI mother's offered to pay, so I went with the flow. 

The BMs will be in royal blue satin dresses, and will carry light blue hydrangeas with dark blue delphinium.  The groom will have a white rose and the other men (Best Man, GM, and fathers) will all have light blue delphinium.  My floral splurge was my bouquet which will be a cascade bouquet of white roses, light blue delphinium, gardenias, orchids and ivy.  The alter arrangements will be white & blue based on market availability which keeps their cost down by not specifying particular flowers (though I was able to say which types I do not like). 

I didn't know anything about flowers but started by googling "blue wedding flowers" and went from there.  I took some of the pics to the two florists and just listened to their suggestions, they are the professionals after all! 
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards