Wedding Woes
Options

Randoms

1.  I must have had PMS this weekend, because DH was under my skin like he rarely is these days.  It culminated in him walking into our bathroom while I was giving DD a bath to announce that he found a bar of soap that she randomly left in the kitchen.  And he gave me this expectant look, like he wanted advice or a cookie or something.  You found soap, good for you, put it away and shut up already.

2.  My beebee mother just emailed me these exact words:  "My 65th birthday is only 978 days away.  Would anyone like to accompany me to WDW [Walt Disney World] for 5 days??????"  <-- Not exaggerated, I counted twice:  she used six question marks.  I did not dwell on this here, but our Thanksgiving trip almost did me in.  Ugh.  Flame me now, because I have a feeling in 978 days, I'll be going, and I'll have no one to blame but myself.  ::silent scream::

3.  Newer New Guy seemed fine until he went and changed his email font to Comic Sans.  WTF?  Isn't it common knowledge that it is a completely unacceptable font?  This isn't news, I remember reading Comic Sans hate in the late 90's, for christsake.  Why would an otherwise decent person make that choice?

That's all I got.

Re: Randoms

• Options

I'm sorry.  I'm laughing at all of that too so I'm sorry for that as well.

• Options
    Comic Sans makes me think of my high school english teacher who used that font for everything from her syllabus to assigments to announcement flyers.  She was fresh out of college and was always trying to get us to think she was cool.  I still remember the way she was dancing at prom.

Any luck with New Guy's smelly coat?
  • Options
    We just did 11 days at WDW with my ILs and now they want to go again next year and do the marathon again.  But for only like 5 days this time.  I hope I'm pg or have a newborn and can't.  I mean, Disney is awesome and all and it's a free trip, but at the same time...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    after spending a grand total of 1 day at Disneyland, I can't understand the insane Disney love from adults. 

We'll likely take Wolverine to Disneyworld when she's a bit older (and we may even go back to Disneyland next time we go to LA/Anaheim), but I really can't see why people would want to:
    1) get married there
    2) go there on a honeymoon
    3) go there to celebrate for an "adult" event (birthday, anniversary, etc.)

I can understand:
    1) attending as a family vacation if younger kids/preteens are involved
  • Options
    Exactly! Grown ups do not use Comic Sans, especially not in the year of our lord two thousand thirteen. The jacket has not made another appearance and I suspect hope? someone burned it. And ali, what's with that? My entire extended family is the same way minus the marathon. I don't get it, but I'm the dummy who keeps going every 4 or 5 years anyway.
  • Options
    I don't mind going every 4-5 years, because I think DW is fun.  However, I would like to go on vacation somewhere I haven't been before and DW eats up a good chuck of my vacation time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards