Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

reception

What is the proper food to serve at a reception that starts at 2pm? The reception is going till 6pm.

Re: reception

• Options
    What time is the ceremony?

• Options
    Personally I think a four hour party needs something more than just chesse and crackers or just cake.

I'll admit most weddings in my family were around 2pm and they always had full meals.  The receptions always had bars and dancing and lasted 4-6 hours.    So that is where my expectations come from.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I think you need more than cake and punch. I would definitely start to get hungry by 5. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think a good selection of heavier apps would be nice, as well as lighter options like fruit and veggies.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Honestly I would Mae the reception from 2 to 4. If you go any later than that people are one to start expecting dinner.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_reception-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d2bbf80f-c172-4ec6-bb9f-be8b759facf2Post:490bac3a-921b-452b-bb71-ac48f88c1637">reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is the proper food to serve at a reception that starts at 2pm? The reception is going till 6pm.
    Posted by tobemrs92113[/QUOTE]
    For a 4 hour reception; I think dinner or heavy apps should be provided. My sister's wedding was a dry wedding at 1pm and the reception was from 1:30-5pm and we served dinner and cake.
  • Options
    The wedding is at 115pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards