DJ: $550
    Bouquets for 5 bridesmaids: $10
    My Bouguet: $6
    Justice of the peace: $200

Total so far: 2,579

Under budget so far!!! yay!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow you're doing great!!!! Good job! I wish we had ours planned so nicely! What are you doing about reception costs to scale those down?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sWe found a hall that will let us grill the food ourselves right there on site.. My uncle is cooking all the food and even offered to pay. So Iucked out there.. The hall isn't exactly my dream wedding location, but its in our budget..and the day is about our love.. not the building we get married in!! and most reception decor and lil odds and ends im making myself so it helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our Budget is $6000, its a beach wedding here in Myrtle Beach, SC. We also lucked out on alot of things because of friends & family. My FI is from MI, so his entire family/friends are travelling, and most of my family is from FL and upper SC. So we wanted to make it is as easy as possible for our guests since they are all travelling long distances to come see us get married!
    Dress: found at DB, found same dress/size on craigslist for half price and NWT, saved on that!
    Cake: Moms best friend is a baker and offered to do ours (actually tower of cupcakes) for a great discount
    DJ: FI frienrd is a DJ, getting a great discount on that as well
    Ceremony/Reception: At same place (cuts travel costs) wedding on beach in front of resort, reception in banquet hall at resort.
    Food: Resort offers a great luau buffet for a decent price pp
    Alcohol: Resort allows to bring in own alcohol, just have to pay state taxes and bartenders. Beer/Wine and a signature drink
    Decor: Sisters, and sister in laws, and friends all pretty artsy and we are DIY for sure!
    Flowers: Samsclub.com; can buy in bulk, has great reviews, and about half the cost of a florist, just need someone dedicated to makin the arranges (mother in law, sisters, inlaws, friends, someone will want to!)
    Photographer: Found one here, she is a local and around our age so she understands the economy, she gave us a discount on the deposit and pkg (because its a sunday wedding and on the beach, and no travel costs for her)-we were going to go with our roomie (but mom wants a professional. lol)
    Rehearsal Dinner: Ours is going to be a picnic at a local park in the afternoon. We both love Chick Fila so we are going to get them to cater and get a couple of kegs/bottles of wine, and call it a day!

Dont know if any of this helps, but with the way the economy is going, there are lots of places that are willing to work with your budget, dont be afraid to ask! GL and happy planning! ;)

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards