Kentucky-Louisville

DJ

Does anyone have any experience with Dj Joe Dubb or Hey Mr. Dj?
I get a discount with my photographer if I use Dj Joe Dubb but I think it still might be cheaper to go with Hey Mr Dj. Any advice would be great!

Re: DJ

• ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey DJ did my wedding and they did a nice job.  My only two complaints: 
    1.  They did not get the music that I requested for our entry song so it had to be changed at the last minute.
    2.  They introduced us for the first time as "Mr. and Mrs. Maiden Name!"  I was pissed at the time, but it ended up making for a hilarious picture when everyone's faces had a look of shock on them!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to HS with DJ Joe Dubb he was always a lot of fun and I've seen good feedback on the boards about him. I haven't been able to make it to anything he has worked but seems to do a lot around town. You might try following him of facebook to see if you can catch him in action if you have time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! :)
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT use Hey Mr. DJ.  He's horrible.  I was at a wedding with him a few years ago.  He flirted with a guest, wore sunglasses indoors the whole time, played the same song 3 times in an hour, messed up both the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance, started the toast before the bride and groom had their toasting flutes plus most of the guests didn't have it and then HE DID A TOAST HIMSELF.  It was just rude and completely unprofessional.  He also wore khakis and a polo.  Yeah, he's cheap, but you get what you pay for with him.

Check with Ed from Night Owl DJs and Hay DJ.  Both of those are excellent. 
  • MegsamillionMegsamillion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, do not use Hey Mr. DJ!!! They have the worst reputation in town. I remember being at a wedding a couple years ago where Hey Mr. DJ was. The DJ got drunk and was totally obnoxious. That is the only thing I remember about that reception. SAD :(   If you want the most awesome DJ in town, look up Dave Drummond with Odyssey Mobile Entertainment. He's affordable and hands down the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards