Registry and Gift Forum

Super Random Flatware Question

Ok, so this is really out of left field, but it would be really helpful to know how often Williams and Sonoma rotates their designs for flatware.

We got a lot of giftcards to this store for our wedding, and really reaaaaaaaaally need new flatware for entertaining.  Unfortunately, all of the flatware they are currently carrying are hideously boring. 

If they rotate their designs every 6 months or so, it would be worth waiting and sitting on our cards.  If they never do (I hope not!) then we have to do some serious re-shuffling of our registry priority lists.

Thanks in advance!
Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

Re: Super Random Flatware Question

• Boring???? It's...flatware...??

I don't know, but I've never called someone else's flatware "hideously boring" before!

They have like 15 different designs currently on their website, I would assume it doesn't ever really drastically change design, it would probably just get a different style name.
  • Lol, I would have agreed before looking over the site.  Every version of their flatware (save their most outrageously expensive) is a slight variation on what I would call "Cafeteria" pattern, or rather non-pattern. 

Here's a picture of one of them:

I suppose there is something to be said for minimalism, but that is really not my taste, nor matches our home.  Even my husband, who is a very typical man in that he has no opinion on flatware, was looking at the site with an 'ick' face.

Ack!  I feel like they're sucking the life out of me just looking at them! lol

Anniversary

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Personally, I don't care what my fork looks like, but I do like the flatware from World Market. It's probably much cheaper than Williams Sonoma, too. (not that it helps you with your gift card situation...)
  • Not sure, but I had a WS gift card a while back that was also good for Pottery Barn, I believe, since they're the same umbrella company. Will yours work that way? PB has some more interesting flatware patterns. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Super Random Flatware Question:[QUOTE]Not sure, but I had a WS gift card a while back that was also good for Pottery Barn, I believe, since they're the same umbrella company. Will yours work that way? PB has some more interesting flatware patterns.nbsp; Posted by Fancypantsamy[/QUOTE]

I had no idea they were the same parent company! Oh bless you, I wish I could give you a hug!

Normally I wouldnt care so much about flatware, but this is for entertaining, which is important in my family.

Off I go to oggle potterybrn flatware!

Anniversary

• If you have a lot of WS credit to get through, I highly recommend gold touch pans, if you bake.
  • WS and Pottery Barn do have the same parent company--West Elm is part of that umbrella too.  Have you gone into the store to actually look at the flatware in person?  I admit, it looks pretty boring online, but if you go handle it, it might jump out at you more (and you can get a feel for what plates, etc it will look good with).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_super-random-flatware-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:800a791f-6eec-4a39-8b94-7e5a9fee0d15Post:41840df0-dda8-4f35-8f9c-84da405d7ecf">Re: Super Random Flatware Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]WS and Pottery Barn do have the same parent company--West Elm is part of that umbrella too.  Have you gone into the store to actually look at the flatware in person?  I admit, it looks pretty boring online, but if you go handle it, it might jump out at you more (and you can get a feel for what plates, etc it will look good with).
    Posted by freebread03[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  And PB has some more ornate flatware than WS at the moment.  To answer your original question, I haven't noticed either company rotate their flatware in the last year or so that I've really been looking at that stuff, but that doesn't mean it never happens.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Super Random Flatware Question:[QUOTE]What about Bed, Bath amp; Beyond?Check out patterns by Oneida and Pfaltsgraf as well. They've got some that are very affordable and open stock.You can always complete a set throught Replacements if it's discontinued. Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the flatware set I reaaaaally wanted was actually from BBB, it really broke my heart that the situation has placed them out of my reach. But then again, it's just flatware and I should be able to find an equitable alternative.

The pottery barn website looks promising! I'm going to take my hubby in this weekend to look at them in person. Thanks for all the advice ladies!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards