Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Govt shutdown

I feel really stupid, but I have to double and triple check this-- the state govt shutdown wont affect county governments or county parks will it? I can't have my venue shutting down on me!
Photobucket

Re: Govt shutdown

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_govt-shutdown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:e46136d7-d6dd-4b15-b535-7ef8a30f3c39Post:25bd0bf8-3d65-40c7-8b9e-5aba807ee974">Govt shutdown</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel really stupid, but I have to double and triple check this-- the state govt shutdown wont affect county governments or county parks will it? I can't have my venue shutting down on me!
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure it's beend decided yet? Last time there was a government shut down, though, the parks were kept open.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

They said on the news that if you're planning a party at a park for the 4th, cancel it. I heard that even the zoo will close! So I'd probably do what you can to get all the info you can! Maybe even see if you can get a refund if the shut down does happen?

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EmilyW416EmilyW416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

In 05 (i think) it was only a partical shut down, this time its a full shut down. So I know state parks like Fort Snelling will be close, there was an article about a couple getting married there and now there kinda SOL. And hes military too it was sad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I did what I should have done originally and called the Historic Courthouse-- they are open, thank God!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony was scheduled at a golf course in Northern MN.  It's been shut down - they called me ahead of time to warn me.  Our wedding is in 11 days, so at this point we don't expect to be able to get married there.  Finding option B, and figuring out how to notify 225 guests...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards