Florida-South Florida

Makeup By Claudia - need advice..... contract...?

We really loved her when we did our trial in May. She did a great job and her rates a fabulous. Now I am ready to book her (was from the start) but she said the way she works is that she doesn't do a contract until someone else contacts her about the same day and assured me I have her on this day. I thought this was odd, but left it as is because I really like her. Now after thinking about it, I want to get the contract going. I emailed her about a week ago, and haven't heard anything. This is making me nervous as if she's not serious about our date. I don't know what to think. I reallly really really liked her alot and definitely want to go with her. Another thing is that it's not so easy to do another trial as I am in Boston and am getting married in S. FLA so I can't just fly down.... Advice/thoughts?! What would you do...?
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Makeup By Claudia - need advice..... contract...?

• I am using her as well for my November wedding and we have no contract. I contacted her twice regarding my date and she has told me not to worry. I would suggest calling her and speak to her.
  • I had the same issue with her, more or less when I was planning my wedding. She just disappeared... I know people like her, but I wasn't willing to worry about it for 6 months. Went with Anna Wark instead and can't recommend her enough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • LaMaFaLaMaFa member
    First Comment
    I have a couple thoughts for you. Since you are still 9 months out, she may not see at as an issue at this point, figures you have plenty of time to set up a contract- and that you may not have a photography schedule yet that could dictate when she needs to start with you.
    If you are truly worried she will forget you and you'll lose her services, either insist that she sets up a contract that reserves time that day for you, with a specific start to be determined later; or find someone else to work with (assuming you'll be coming back down at least once before the wedding).
    What area of S. FL. are you getting married in? I am working with an amazing make-up artist based out of Boca, she is a certified esthetician (I have super sensitive skin), works mainly with airbrush (which looks nicer in photos) and will only guarantee your booking by setting up a contract. She sets a lot of her schedule far in advance as she teaches intensive make-up artistry classes every couple months, so I'd wager she'd be more willing to work something out with you now, rather than making you wait until someone else inquires. Let me know if you want her contact info and/or photos of my make-up trial.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_makeup-by-claudia-need-advice-contract?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:0090c9e4-9b6a-40cc-aaaa-34daebf56478Post:f700e869-f3b1-439e-9f70-0b7b57ca3493">Re: Makeup By Claudia - need advice..... contract...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a couple thoughts for you. Since you are still 9 months out, she may not see at as an issue at this point, figures you have plenty of time to set up a contract- and that you may not have a photography schedule yet that could dictate when she needs to start with you. If you are truly worried she will forget you and you'll lose her services, either insist that she sets up a contract that reserves time that day for you, with a specific start to be determined later; or find someone else to work with (assuming you'll be coming back down at least once before the wedding). What area of S. FL. are you getting married in? I am working with an amazing make-up artist based out of Boca, she is a certified esthetician (I have super sensitive skin), works mainly with airbrush (which looks nicer in photos) and will only guarantee your booking by setting up a contract. She sets a lot of her schedule far in advance as she teaches intensive make-up artistry classes every couple months, so I'd wager she'd be more willing to work something out with you now, rather than making you wait until someone else inquires. Let me know if you want her contact info and/or photos of my make-up trial.
    Posted by LaMaFa[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you! Yes, I'd love her info! I'm actually getting married in Boca at the Wyndham Garden Hotel. 

</div>
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This just ticks me off. Finding a makeup artist in S. Florida SUCKS!!

Seriously I don't understand how these makeup artists run a successful business. I had very negative experiences finding a makeup artist and was so turned off by all the attitude and lack of professionalism I received. Don't stand for it! Someone (Won't name...) tried to charge me an extra $75 travel fee to go to Hallandale Blvd because it's in broward. It's literally 4 minutes from the Miami Dade county line and not worth $75!! And they insisted I be ready an extra 2 hours earlier than needed so they can double book my date. They were going to easily make $700 from my event and I found it very greedy. That put me over the edge and I dumped her.

What kind of bull is that not to send a client a contract? Is her time not valuable enough to secure the date with a contract?

I persisted until I found someone extremely professional, responsive and did amazing work. I won't name on here because I don't want people to to think i'm vendor bashing/raving but you can PM for a recommendation. She would travel to your for $25 and does amazing work and I am SUPER picky.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just so fed up with the unprofessionalism of some of these people.
    Amanda Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards