Massachusetts-Boston

Rehearsal Dinner recommendations on the North Shore

Hi ladies! I am looking for a place to have our rehearsal dinner North of Boston. Its probably going to be about 25 ppl give or take. We are looking at something a little less pricey than say Finz, In salem. Would consider restaurants on route 1, beverly, Salem, Wakefield, Peabody-anywhere in that general area. Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner recommendations on the North Shore

• edited December 2011
    I recently moved North of Boston, so I don't know many places yet. But I recently went to a 30th Bday party at Venetian Moon in Reading, and it'm my new favorite place. They have reallylarge portions, and they have like 100 different martinis there, I think it would be great for a rehearsal dinner!! 
    venetianmoon.com
  • edited December 2011
    Star what cuisine are you looking for?
    I can tell you in Wakefield there is Artichokes, Ristorante Molise for Italian. Peabody is Su Changs for Chinese (they are a REALLY pretty restaurant not like a Kowloon) though you could do the Kowloon as well. Sylvan Street Grille in Danvers, and LOTS to choose from actually on Rt 114.
  • star1126star1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank ladies. I am not looking for anything in particular- probably gonna stay away from Chinese though- however I will check out Su Changs sometime Lyssabella! Thank you! I'm looking into SYlvan street now :-)
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Toscana's in Peabody for our rehearsal dinner. They are really reasonable and have been great to work with so far.  They do have a seperate area to use as well. 
  • love2naplove2nap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at the Hart House in Ispwich. It's very charming and the pricing is reasonable and the food is delicious. We went out to dinner a few times at various places and it was definitely our fav. place.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for something a little more fun and laid back I highly recommend The Farm in Essex. Also have one in Beverly

http://www.farmbargrille.com/

The one in Essex has a very fun atmosphere. The outside area is awesome. They have a fire place, bag toss, volleyball. You can rent the back out. Food is amazing and service is great. They have a live band on most weekend nights, I believe.

Never been to the one downtown but they also have one in downtown Beverly

http://farmdowntown.com/
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    we're having ours at Capt's in Salem, MA.  They have a room upstairs, very spacious, open, you can walk around, not cramped, you can go outside, it's right on the water...WE LOVE IT and can't wait until our rehearsal dinner in September....here is the website:

Capt's Waterfront Grille and Pub

www.capts.com/">http://www.capts.com/

we also looked at so many places, but they were all so cramped, dark, too small, already booked, or just too pricey for the atmosphere, etc..we looked at Finz, The Hardcover, Victoria Station, Beverly Depot, and Danversport Yacht Club.
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is Capone's in Peabody, it's off of 95/128 and near Lynnfield Street.  They have a room upstairs you can use, or another area that is also somewhat separated from the rest of the restaurant on the ground floor.  We love the place, many family dinners there and gatherings.  Just went there yesterday for a buffet lunch and it was awesome as always.

Anniversary
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to have mine at Lyceum in Salem (but MIL chose a different place since she was hosting).  It is beautiful.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • edited December 2011
    We are going VERY laid back for our rehearsal dinner and having it at Supino's on rt. 1. They have a function room now and  very reasonable buffet option and the food is GOOD. But it is super super casual.
    "I got married in 1968 and EVERYONE only had 1 photographer, I don't know where all this nonsense came from. Who wants two flashes popping all night anyway? and really as long as they get you dancing, kissing, and throwing the bouquet the rest is just fluff." - My mom
  • edited December 2011
    i agree with capones. we had my brother's rehersal dinner there and will be having mine there as well!  they always have a live band thurs thru sat and the room upstairs looks over the band and the dance floor.  the food is great and you get a full bar and bartender just for your party.  if youre looking for a fun casual dinner, this is the place.
  • mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Capone's isn't bad.  Toscana's can be cramped.  Carrabba's on route 1 has it's own room.  There's also Bertucci's.  Hilltop can be nice as they can give you a separate area a lot of the time and they have decent priced meals with large portions.  Jimmy's Steer House, Polcari's, Fat Cactus has a room... Theresa's in Middleton, Calitri's on route 1, Danvers..
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Capt's in Salem too :)  It has elevator access, if you have more than 30 people the whole upstairs is yours.  Great food and we have hosted events there in the past as well that have gone over really nicely!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards