Flowers

Wood Flowers

Has anyone used or is using flowers made out of wood (birch)? I've seen them online and they look beautiful.

Re: Wood Flowers

• edited December 2011
    I've seen them too and I thought they were cute, but I don't know any reviews on them, sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen and worked wooden roses once.  They look just like any other artificial flower, which depends on the quality, which you can't tell from a picture. 

The wood roses were very uniform in shape and color, and had wire stems wrapped in green floral tape, with were easy to work with and arrange. 

Others flowers the bride wanted with them were wooden callas, which looked like artificial, dried flowers.  They were the texture of thin styrofoam, and many of the blooms were crushed/creased.  We had to use steam to reshape them.  They had what looked like dried baby's breath for centers, and thin wooden stems wrapped in brown.  The stems were rigid, and difficult to work with, and overall they looked like artificial dried flowers. 

All in all, they looked nice from a distance and in photos, but were difficult and time consuming to work with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards