Attire & Accessories Forum

Destination Wedding...Getting Dress There!

Hi Girls!
So I'm getting married in Arizona, my Dress is currently in Indiana and I live in Philly.
Obviously I will be flying to Arizona. But I need some suggestions about getting my dress to Arizona. I'm not crazy about the idea of "mailing" it. I was thinking that if I talk to someone at the airlines I was going to be traveling on that maybe I would be able to carry it on the plane??!!

Does anyone have any suggestions or help?

Thanks
Katy

Re: Destination Wedding...Getting Dress There!

• opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I carried mine on the plane. I just rolled it up gently and placed in the overhead bin. Unless your dress is gigantic, this should be a good option for you too.

You could also look into hanging it up in the first class closet, but on smaller planes (like mine) this isn't an option, and it's no problem to store it in an overhead anyway.
  • I definitely plan on carrying mine online.  The airlines are generally very accommodating -- even when I'm in the bridal party, they will offer to hang my dress in the closet.
  • Talk to the bridal shop.  I have to get mine from Cali to NJ and my bridal shop mentioned a way that they box it up.  Also, once I have my flight booked, I plan on calling the airline to see if there is a 1st class closet I can hang it in, as I would rather do that.  Definitely, don't mail it though.  It is too risky to not hand carry it.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for all the responses! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards