Louisiana-New Orleans

North Custom Floral Designs

Anyone ever used them for their wedding? Looking for a florist who does nice work, but won't break the bank.

Re: North Custom Floral Designs

• Go with Meade Wenzel!  She does great work, is nice, good prices, etc.: 504-289-9883

Just curious, I'm all about good deals, too.  Who else are you going with?  I'm thining of the following vendors:

Make up: Bridget with Bella Brides or Ashley Herbert at Stardust for hair and make up
    Photo: Renaissance Photo NOLA (plus, they have a free bridal and/or boudoir giveaway going on now and anyone can enter (no purchase required) just by sending an email to them)
    Video: Chad Dyle (okay, this is $$, but I really like it and haven't found a good rival yet)
    Reception:  The Chicory (kind of $$, but I really like it), Arbor Room (but they won't call me back, so...=o(  ) or Cedar Grove Plantation
    Invitations:  www.anythingbridal.com
    Limos:  Millennium Limouaine Service
    Bakery:  The Cocoa Bean Bakery
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_north-custom-floral-designs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:8e0a52ff-bf91-4116-8004-eecc0836369bPost:25a5d393-f5fe-4df5-8bdb-3aebeec582ac">Re: North Custom Floral Designs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go with Meade Wenzel!  She does great work, is nice, good prices, etc.: 504-289-9883 Just curious, I'm all about good deals, too.  Who else are you going with?  I'm thining of the following vendors: Make up: Bridget with Bella Brides or Ashley Herbert at Stardust for hair and make up Photo: Renaissance Photo NOLA (plus, they have a free bridal and/or boudoir giveaway going on now and anyone can enter (no purchase required) just by sending an email to them) Video: Chad Dyle (okay, this is $$, but I really like it and haven't found a good rival yet) Reception:  The Chicory (kind of $$, but I really like it), Arbor Room (but they won't call me back, so...=o(  ) or Cedar Grove Plantation Invitations:  <a href="http://www.anythingbridal.com" rel="nofollow">www.anythingbridal.com</a> Limos:  Millennium Limouaine Service Bakery:  The Cocoa Bean Bakery
    Posted by TrulydPrincess[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks. Are you using Meade Wenzel for your flowers? These are our vendors so far:</div><div>Venue (ceremony & reception): Taravella Manor - great prices and the venue is really nice</div><div>Photographer: Jessica Brenner Photography </div><div>Bakery: Chez RuRene</div><div>Invitations: DIY'd them with some friends</div><div>Tuxedos: John's Tuxedos</div><div>Catering: Taravella Manor does our catering</div><div>Hair extensions: Sarah from "Revive the Lakeview Salon"</div><div>Wedding jewelry: FMIL is making all of my pearl jewelry for the wedding day</div><div>
    </div><div>That's all I can think of right now. We still need limos and all kinds of stuff, though. We looked at Cedar Grove Tchopitoulas Plantation when we first starged planning. The place itself was really nice, but the owner got two thumbs down. She wanted us to put down a deposit before we could even do a food tasting. And she refused to reserve four tables instead of just three (my family will need two tables.) She was just too rigid for our liking. Also the menu she showed us had about 11 different appetizers on it...there's no way they can be made fresh (must be frozen apps.) So for the price we decided it wasn't worth it.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards