Flowers

Meeting Wedding Florist

How much time ahead of the wedding day should I plan to meet with the wedding florist? Another question is that what color of the centerpiece goes well with the room decor in Burgundy and gold color. Please give me some advice.

Re: Meeting Wedding Florist

• It depends on the florist but I would say at least 2 months in advance. That means you spend 2 weeks to finalize on a florist (assuming you interview a couple). Then 1 week to lock on flower choice and design. That leaves 4 weeks to order flowers and deliver. The last week is to buffer anything wrong. Of course the florist will get it in on-time.

The color for the centerpiece should be red , ivory or white. That's my recommendation!
    Xena Ng | Real Touch Artificial Florist | http://flovery.com | http://facebook.com/theflovery
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I met with my potential florists 6 months in advance.  I wanted all my vendors chosen before wedding season started here. 

Once I chose my florist, we met 2 months before the wedding so that I could see my mock up of my centerpieces.  In between we just communicated by E-mail.

While 6 months may be a little early, 2 months IMO is too late.  I would think more like 3-4 months at the latest.  There is no way I could have gotten a florist 2 months before my wedding here in Dallas.
  • depends on whether or not you are getting married during "wedding season" and specific florist. I am booked for sept 2013 already and may is already totally filled. We take 2-3 weddings a weekend.....but..and here is the but,we are well known for our wedding work and have brides who want to make sure we are available.   Just cause you book a date and ut a deposit down,does not mean you have to have your whole wedding planned at that point in time. If you are within a year of your date...find your florist now.
  • You can certainly book a florist well in advanced but many florists do not want to discuss many details until you have locked in a color scheme/decided on the bridesmaid dresses.  By locking in a color scheme they will be better able to speak with you about specific flowers, centerpieces, bouquets, etc.

• Everyone thanks so much. I don't really know much detail stuffs at this point. Would that be difficult to lock down the budget if we can't go over the detail of the wedding, such as color theme, wedding dress color etc? Also, what months are considered a wedding season? Any recommendation will be appreciated.

• You should just let your potential florists know your budget and give them an idea of what you want and let them tell you what they can do for you.  I think in most places wedding season is considered May - October.  I agree that the more you know about your colors, vision, etc. the better, but a good florist can also help you decide how you want things to look.  I had a clear idea of what I wanted from the beginning so it was easier for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards