Massachusetts

Barney Carriage House Reception Help

Hi all! I am having my reception at the Carriage House in Forest Park in Springfield MA. We are starting to plan our vendors and what not but are wondering what kind of experiences people are having and any recommendations?  We were discussing who corrdinates the whole day? Do florists typically just drop off the flowers or will they set up the table arrangements as well? I know certain places have a ''wedding planner'' if you will on that day to kinda run the show, keep things moving along and make sure everything goes smoothly but the Carriage House doesnt come with one. The one guy who I talked to that works there said hes there for most of the reception but isnt a corrdinator, kinda behind the scenes type thing, not too reassuring for a bride. Should I hire one for the day of the wedding? 

Re: Barney Carriage House Reception Help

• CarolynEllCarolynEll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the Carriage House as well. We booked Seth Mias as our caterer and he has the option to hire one of his coordinators as a "planner" so to speak. For an extra $100, she'll set up before-hand and will be our contact person for the majority of the night. I still need to confirm exactly what tasks she's responsible for, but I felt better with this option and it's a lot cheaper than hiring a full DOC. I also got the impression from Michael at the Carriage House that he's really just there to make things run smoothly.

I'm also not sure how it works for my other vendors dropping things off during the day, so I need to follow up on that. I want to say the House is open all day since they only book one event per day, but I'm not 100% sure. That's what I had to tell my cake vendor so far. I'd be curious to see if anyone else has experience with this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ktharrington8ktharrington8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay thank you so much. I got the same impression from Michael but it didn't reassure me a 100% that he was going to make sure everything would be taken care of. Like with vendors dropping things off and kinda making sure dinner, cocktail hour, cake cutting and the like happened on time. Also is your florist setting up the flowers or just doing a drop off? I read in some of the paper work that I got from Michael that vendors can go either 2 or 3 hours before the start of the reception or ceremony. Which I didn't understand the time frame when it is only one event per day. I still have to follow up with him as well. Thankyou for your insight and I hope your day goes beautifully! Whens your big day?
  • CarolynEllCarolynEll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, same to you! We're getting married October 15th this year. How about you?

My florist is actually a friend, so we haven't discussed those details yet. I don't understand that time frame either.... I guess I should email Michael!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ktharrington8ktharrington8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ours is June 22, 2012! I hope all goes well for you! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Have you found a photographer yet?  We just used evangeline @ evangelinelanephotography.com for our wedding at the carriage house!! She's something to consider if you like non traditional photography.  She also did my boudoir shoot!
  • edited December 2011
    How much does a reception cost here?  Is it expensive?  And what does it include?  It looks beautiful online but I worry it will be too expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards