July 2012 Weddings

Envelope Stuffing

Happy Friday All, Last night when we finally had luck with printing addresses on our invitation envelopes, my fiancé went over to the invite box and pulled out the rest of the components and asked what order do these go in? I realized I have no idea…. So I am asking what you all are doing? I have the invite, a response card with envelope a reception card and driving directions sheet.  The response and RSVP card are the same size but different colors. Help!

Re: Envelope Stuffing

• I ordered my invites from weddingpaperdivas.com and they sent a diagram of how to organize the invitation. So according to them, the invitation is on the bottom, then the enclosure card goes on top of that, then reception card, and lastly, the response card w/ envelope goes on top. 

So from bottom to top:
    1. invitation
    2. enclosure card
    3. reception card
    4. response card w/ envelope

I hope this makes sense! We just have a direction card since our ceremony and venue are in the same place. 

I would be curious to see what other people are doing though! 
    imageAnniversary
  • Our invite directions are pretty similar to BeachLover's.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We did from biggest to smallest. If the smallest two are the same size, I would say put the RSVP card on top.

But, are you just putting everything in the envelope loose? Or are you tying them, using belly bands, etc.? If you are just putting them in loose, I think it matters even less, as ppl will probably just kind shake it all out of the envelope anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for posting this.

Had a "disagreement" with fiance over this. I said something similar to what you posted above, he insisted that the invitation should be "ON TOP BECAUSE IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT OBVI"

I am glad I won that argument.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • From the research I have done I have found that the invitation is to go on the bottom, the other items, map, reception card, and response card go with the smallest item on top but other than that the order does not matter.  The other thing I have found is that the reply card is supposed to be tucked under it's envelope flap.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards