Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I was not sure were to post!

When we bought our rings, we had to special order my fiance's, hes got lady hands (don't tell him I said that) We payed for the extra insurance, shipping, and was told up to 12 weeks. No problem, we ordered in Feb, so plenty of time. 
   12 weeks latter, we have not heard anything, so we call, and get nothing. No one knows were the ring is, why it has not gotten in yet, or anything about it. We get our claim ticket, and the manger calls special orders, and says will get back to us by Friday. I just got off the phone with Fiance, and the ring, is out of production, can't be sized, and all they did was refund our money, and tell us we are having 40% off men's rings, and we might get it in 3 weeks if we find a new one. 
  I am so mad, I don't know what to do. My ring is sized, ready to go, but we picked our rings to match, and now they might not, and even worse....we might not get our ring in time for the wedding. They can't guarantee delivery date, but right now, special orders are taking only 3 weeks, but they can take 12 weeks. 
  I feel like calling them and letting them have it, I mean we are on week 13 and no one though to call and let us know? 

Re: I was not sure were to post!

• Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    I had a friend who had the exact same situation, although theirs was because the special order never got submitted because the woman who took it quit the next day.  Since the jeweler wasn't willing to work with them to guarantee the ring by the wedding, they went with a completely different store, but unfortunately had to give up having similar bands.  

If you really want to have matching bands, you could look into a custom ring.  My engagement ring was custom, and it wasn't anymore expensive than most of the rings that jeweler carries in his store.  I would explain to whoever would be making it the situation though, they may be more forgiving on doing a rush job.  You can try calling to complain, but it may or may not do anything.  I would post a review on your local board to the left, just so others can know about the situation.
  • Options
    Well yeah, that would certainly be very annoying, but there is not much you can do about it. I am actually shocked a ring would take twelve weeks, I've never heard of that. But either way, try and find another ring that your FI likes (they don't HAVE to match) and move on with your life.
  • Options
    I liked the idea of having our rings look similar, but with the style of ring H picked out for me, it wasn't going to happen. I just made it a point to get his ring in the same metal as mine. That was enough for me, I guess.

If I were you, I'd be going to a different store (if it's a chain, I'd make sure not to go to any others that are owned by the same company) ASAP to look at rings for him and put a rush order on one. You might get lucky and find one that looks good next to your ring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards