September 2012 Weddings

I have my...

Marriage license!!!!!  Wooooo hoooo!  It was the very first day we could register for it, and in CT it's 65 days ahead of time which is more than most states, so I *think* I am probably leading the pack.

We were going to meet with our officiant this evening (I've only worked with her via email and phone up until this point) and I happened to see the law was 65 days, so I checked and sure enough, 65 days!  TK says 64, but apparently CT counts one extra day.  So I figured since we were driving over an hour to get there, we should just kill two birds with one stone.

We walked into the Town Hall, filled out the paperwork (I filled it out, FI's handwriting is illegible), paid our fee (cash or check, $30 for the license and $20 for a copy) and swore that we had written all facts that we knew to be true to the best of our ability.   And we got our license!!!!!  WOOOO HOOOO!

Now I just can't lose it, and have to remember to bring it with us that day.

Sorry for the shameful AW, I had to share!

Anniversary

Re: I have my...

• Yay congrats on that check!!! I'm excited to get ours too but we still have another month to wait. 
  • Yay! That's exciting! My officiant said we can actually pick our's up whenever because they don't expire in SC. We're waiting a little while though because I have a bad habit of losing stuff.
  • Actually, I'm glad you posted this! I just looked up my requirements. We have to wait until 30 days before the ceremony (NJ) but there's a 3 business day waiting period so we definitely won't wait until the week of. NJ is weird because we also need to bring a witness just to get the application. Strange. Okay nj. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • I can't wait to get my mine!! In missouri. I think the law is 30 days but I am not sure on that! congrats
  • yay! thats exciting! here it can only be within 60 days, but i think we might end up going at the end of next week because it's only open during the week and those are probably the last two days we will be taking before the wedding!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Ours is also within 60 days with a 3-day waiting period. We'll probably wait until early September to get ours though - less chance of misplacing it!
    Anniversary
  • I'm in CT and I have just over 25 days until we can get ours :) I'm going to like RUN into the town hall haha
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_i-have-my?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:6bb29fb9-2ae1-4d71-85bc-9eee2bbee281Post:ddb3e89f-8b10-4bea-b6f0-fb18503e5cf5">Re: I have my...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I'm glad you posted this! I just looked up my requirements. We have to wait until 30 days before the ceremony (NJ) but there's a 3 business day waiting period so we definitely won't wait until the week of. NJ is weird because we also need to bring a witness just to get the application. Strange. Okay nj. 
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Definitely strange... but at least we don't have to pay a giant fee to get it.  My mum got married in Florida in March and their license was $96!!!  At least ours is just $28 haha
  • Woohoo! We are going to get ours in 2 weeks! :)
    Anniversary
  • In Arizona you can have your wedding licence up to a year in advance before you get married;however, since I have been in England this whole time we haven't been able to pick ours up yet because both parties have to be present in order to pick it up.  So we will be picking ours up a week and a half before the wedding since that is the soonest I can get home to Arizona.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow, in Pennsylvania it's 3 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards