Second Weddings

My first wedding dress didn't make me cry. Him buying his wedding suit made me weepy. :-)

I never got that 'FEELING' girls talk about and the crying and sentiment and the emotions. And I chocked it up to being a tomboy and just bought a dress I didn't hate. 

Now 5 years later and with a very different man it's so different. We bought him his suit and when he came out of the dressing room I started crying. I'm going dress shopping Friday and I'm actually excited and already feel like this is a very different experience. Yay for growth and not being too scared or ashamed to leave bad situations.

Re: My first wedding dress didn't make me cry. Him buying his wedding suit made me weepy. :-)

• I am so excited for you! My first dress I did not cry either.  I went with what my MY EXMIL and Mom liked. I was young,but now I will hope to have that moment. CONGRATS!
    Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!
  • I never cried with either dress. I'm apparently a cold, bitter old hag.  ha ha.  However, my husband (then FI) gasped when I walked out wearing the dress I ended up getting married in, so there you have it.  :-)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • I didn't cry when I found my dress. It was the third one I tried on, and I said "I'm done, I'll take this one". But I'm not much for crying ;) I have noticed a number of things that have made me stop to think, or appreciate this second time around. Maybe that's my version of tears! I hope you find a perfect dress that keeps you on this journey of excitement!

~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_my-first-wedding-dress-didnt-make-me-cry-him-buying-his-wedding-suit-made-me-weepy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:459b4d6e-40cd-4406-adcf-3c6a84f85840Post:d53e8d62-d5cd-426a-9cfe-1cffb43d708e">Re: My first wedding dress didn't make me cry. Him buying his wedding suit made me weepy. :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I never cried with either dress. I'm apparently a <font color="#ff0000">cold, bitter old hag.</font>  </strong>ha ha.  However, my husband (then FI) gasped when I walked out wearing the dress I ended up getting married in, so there you have it.  :-)
    Posted by handfast4me[/QUOTE]

You're funny!  Apparantly, you are a cold, bitter hag (not old, though!).  We'll just call you hard-hearted handfast.  Don't worry, though, I never cried about my wedding dresses. either.  The sales lady at Nordstrom did the gasping thing, too.  She's known me for almost ten years and had never done that.  SO .. there's that.
  • My dress - well it was the experience from hell...so I didn't cry...wanted to throw it in the fireplace and watch it burn plenty of times - but that is another story altogether.  In the end it ended up being beautiful and looking fine but the "magic"  of the gown was gone (if there ever were such a thing).

My hubby's tux fitting well... dang he looked great and it brought home the reality that we were about to exchange vows. Our story is a long story that spans over 30 years (and doesn;t need to be shared here). So I got a little misty - didn't cry but the eyes watered. 
  • Day 1 of dress shopping didn't involve crying, but it did involve giggling and jumping up and down. That's different (from last time) and was lovely. No dress picked yet, but I'm actually having fun this time! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards