Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Printing your own invitations

All I can say is... be very careful of what you are buying.   I bought two boxes of very pretty stationery, thinking that I was going to save so much time and money by doing them on my own printer.  It did not work out well.  The paper is cardstock, and is quite thick.  Even while attempting to print on manual feed, as instructed, it did not work - jammed on every page.  I called Staples & Kinkos to see if they could do it, but their machines don't work on half-sized paper.  I took the paper to a print shop and they're doing the job for me - but it's definitely not inexpensive.  So much for saving money...

Re: Printing your own invitations

• Options
    That's why you should order samples and do your research before spending your money on stuff you can't even use.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, most DIY invitation makers will tell you that you  have to buy the full page cardstock and then cut it down yourself after you print it.

I used 80lb cardstock and it ran through my printer fine.  I had 8x11 and then cut it to size after I had them printed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought the brides.com kits from michael's and they printed just fine for me as soon as i changes the printer settings.
  • Options
    she has only had 3 posts so she hasnt been around long enough to know all this stuff. Too bad, we could have saved her some $ and stress
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_printing-own-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9f52d139-88a9-484a-842c-2a93c94c5cedPost:2772648c-ac46-4458-b3d8-b8f232f7ab3c">Re: Printing your own invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought the brides.com kits from michael's and they printed just fine for me as soon as i changes the printer settings.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm using the same invitations and I have been happy with them so far. The only pain has been figuring out our new printer's settings!</div><div>
    </div><div>When you sent them, did you find that the sticker was enough to keep them closed and together while in the mail? Or what did you do?</div>
  • Options
    Amanda, I used the same ones and I worried about the sticker holding, so I used glue-tape from a craft store.  It was sticky enough to keep the envelope shut but it wasn't so sticky that the whole envelope would fall apart when you opened it.
  • Options
    Thanks for hte tip goheels! :)
  • Options
    I don't know whether you did this or not, but one thing you should check before printing is your Printing Preferences. 

Select Paper Preference and select Matte Paper - Heavyweight.  Hopefully this will help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards