Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Personalized napkins- What color should I go with??

Hi, I want to order some personalized napkins from TheKnot Wedding Shop, and I am just wondering if anyone has ordered them before and would have some advice on color? My wedding colors are light blue and light lime green, both colors found in the hydrangea flower; which I plan to use for center pieces and other decor. I am trying to decide on the blue color... Glacier or Robin's Egg? and if the Sage color would be good for the green? Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks

Re: Personalized napkins- What color should I go with??

• Options
    i think personalized napkins waste of money- they going look at them say how cute,wipe moth and throw away... so thats money thrown away
  • Options
    To answer your questions, I do not think Sage is a good option if your green is really light green.

On another note - my mom ordered napkins for us for our wedding.(we didn't want them). She ordered so much we still haven't used them all.   Lucky for me she just put our names. No wedding or date stuff.    4 years later we are still trying to use them up.  If there were wedding or a date on it, we would have tossed them.

Point is, order only a small amount and make them a little generic so you can use them in the future if you have extra.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'll give you some validation on this; I totally bought personalized cocktail napkins on theknot.com when they had a buy one get one free sale. And I loved them. Although it might have been because it was the first real "wedding" item I purchased. We didn't out too much stock in them, just handed them to the DOC to put on the bar. I had different colors, so I can't help you on the particular shades, but I ordered two packages with inverse colors, purple on yellow and yellow on purple, and I thought they were great. And for the 25 dollars or whatever, I didn't really mind if people thought they were silly or threw them away.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Options
    I'm another vote for waste of money.  We had tons left over from each of our girls' weddings as well as our own 16 years ago.  We only ordered enough for cake and people just don't use them.  Save your money and grab some at Party City.
  • Options
    I'm another vote for waste of money.  We had tons left over from each of our girls' weddings as well as our own 16 years ago.  We only ordered enough for cake and people just don't use them.  Save your money and grab some at Party City.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards