Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

for those who are wearing/wore half up half down

I'm really starting to think this is the look I want, but I'm concerned that by the end of the night my curls that are down won't be curls anymore.....thoughts or advice?

Re: for those who are wearing/wore half up half down

• Options
    I guess it really depends on how well your hair holds a curl.  I used extensions which curl great.  I wanted my curls looser and my MUA warned me that by the end of the night, it would fall but I was OK with that.  It still looked pretty good at the end.  If you're worried though, have your curls done tighter so that if they fall, it holds up through the night.
  • Options
    If your hairstylist curls your hair with a flat iron, it will hold the curl much better than with a curling iron.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    thanks ladies :)
  • Options
    My hair doesn't hold curl very well but I had it done half up and half down and they used lots of styling product and it lasted all night!!!
  • Options
    Just remember that you don't want to wash your hair the day of the wedding - "dirty" hair will hold a style much better than freshly washed hair.  Between that and product, I'm sure you're hair will hold up just fine. 
  • Options
    It was breezy and humid the day my daughter got married.  She absolutely wanted half up and half down.  By the time they were done doing prewedding photos, her hair had completely lost the curl in the bottom half.  Her MOH had to redo it.  By the end of the reception it was mostly gone again. 

You have to know your hair, respect the weather, and be ok if it goes flat.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options

My hair absolutely NEVER held curl. It will be flat by the time I get from one side of my hair to the other. A couple years ago for Christmas my mother got me a HerStyler ceramic curling rod and it is AMAZING. Even my baby-fine hair holds curl all day and (unlike regular irons) when they start to "fall" they don't just drop into little dreads and Instead they unfurl a little into looser curls/waves. I also learned that if you use the rod and let the curls cool completely and brush them out then you get the nice 1940's Veronica Lake waves. You do have to be careful with it because it is a rod, so there is no clamp to hold your hair and you have to hold the ends very delicately so you don't burn your fingers. It comes with a heat-resistant glove, but my hands are so small that I can't wear it. Other than that I would definitley recommend trying the HerStyler rod or a similar ceramic curling rod. It gives the ceramic heat benefits of a straightener, but tighter curls.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards