July 2013 Weddings

alterations

Hi guys, 
I've been lurking on the knot boards for a while, but I just discovered this board and wanted to add my first post! I am getting married on July 13th. I already have my dress, but I'm wondering when all of you will start getting alterations.

Thanks!
Jackie :)

Re: alterations

• edited February 2013
    Welcome to the board! I may be a little biased. . . but the July ladies ROCK. :) 

I've had my dress since January 2012 (less than a month after we got engaged) and it's been living at my mom and dad's house in Michigan. I plan on taking it for my first fitting over Memorial Day weekend while I am there for my shower, I'll have my second fitting in June while I am home for a friend's wedding, and then my final fitting when I got back at the end of June when school is out (I teach) and I'm there to prep for our July 5 wedding. 
  • Welcome! I agree that July brides are the best! =P

I got my dress in September and have my first alterations appt. in mid April!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! We're date twins!  I have my first alterations appt in the beginning of May. I'm going a little earlier than I had to though simply because my alterations lady is really busy and since I'm not planning to change size much between then and my wedding, I can go early. She has others that are wanting to lose weight all of the way up until the wedding, so she's reserving some spots for them in June.
  • I'm not sure when my dress arrived -- I think sometime in late January?
    Anyway, my first fitting is March 23rd. We'll get the hem, bustle, and neckline taken care of.
    Then I'll have another fitting in late May/early June where we'll focus on the actual fit -- and the last one will be probably a week and a half or so before our wedding (july 6) just to make sure it fits perfectly and I'll finally be able to take it home <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I already have my dress. My 1st fitting is on March 19th. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Hi date twin! My dress arrived and they told me to make an appointment in may for alterations.
  • I've also had my dress since February of last year and my first fitting is March 23rd. I need about an inch hemmed and cups added. Other than that its perfect!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I went for my first fitting last week I had no idea or would take 2 hours and made the mistake of not eating breakfast lesson learned that dressed are super heavy and if you don't eat you will want to faint! Lol My next fitting is at the end of May and I will be bringing my dress home the beginning of June because I lied to the stores and told them a fake date June 8th. Now, I'm starting to think that was too early lol but I was traumatized from a bad experience at a different store when I went with a friend to pick up her dress the day before the wedding and they hadn't done the hem! There were pins all along the bottom still. I'm wondering if storing the dress in my house is going to be a problem for a month and a half, I don't want it to look wrinkled or absorb food odors from cooking in the house. I might just confess my lie to the store lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yikes, it makes me nervous that you all have your dresses already!! I won't get mine until early june!! Which is nerve racking, I have to have 10 inches taken off the bottom!!
  • No worries, my dress is set to arrive the third week of June, lol. No panic here, yet anyway. I have no idea when I will go in for a fitting, but I also need it altered, neckline and back, so hopefully it wont take too long!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• I ordered my dress in November and it arrived months earlier than I expected, in early January. I tried it on in the store and I'll definitely need bust alterations but the bridal shop doesn't do alterations so I had to find someone myself. I plan to have my first official fitting sometime this month once I find shoes.
  • I got my dress in August and I'm currently in the process of trying to find a seamstress. Once I do, I'll work with their suggestion on when to have my first appointment. Most I've talked to so far are saying April or May, but I think I'd feel more comfortable doing it in late-March. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Just had my first dress fitting last week.  When I contacted the seamstress recommended by the dress shop, she recommended when to come in...This was based on her schedule and number of brides she is currently working with and number of brides whose weddings are around the same time as mine.  Definitely don't assume a certain time frame based on what others are doing.  Contact the person doing your alterations and go with the recommended time frame. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e8752c69-fa77-4f48-9ee0-96254a1a91f5Post:d7c4580a-3160-4ddc-b8fc-34a42082dd32">Re: alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered my dress in November and it arrived months earlier than I expected, in early January. I tried it on in the store and I'll definitely need bust alterations but the bridal shop doesn't do alterations so I had to find someone myself. I plan to have my first official fitting sometime this month once I find shoes.
    Posted by Andama08[/QUOTE]

<div>Have you asked the shop for a list of recommended seamstresses? The shop I bought my dress at closed, but they gave me a list of 3 people they had used in the past to contact. I feel like a store that doesn't offer alterations should have a recommendation list like that as well. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • We're date twins!!!!
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e8752c69-fa77-4f48-9ee0-96254a1a91f5Post:f2728134-d53b-4b59-9fe2-c10b14779c37">Re:alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi date twin! My dress arrived and they told me to make an appointment in may for alterations.
    Posted by avolker1[/QUOTE]

Yaaayyyyy! We're date twins too! Looovveeee it.
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards