Getting in Shape
Options

Insanity v. P90x v. Turbofire

So has anyone on here did any or all three of this? I have done P90x before and had great results. So I have about 100lbs to lose and would like to at least be comfortable with my body by our wedding in May 2013. I am about 230 right now and my ideal weight is 145. Before some health issues I was only 115 and worked out religiously. Its been a hard fall from being inshape to being not.

Well FI and I have decided we are going to do this together. We swim in the mornings together and we wanted to do something else too. I think P90x would be the way to go for us and follow the "doubles" program.

Whats everyone think? I was thinking of doing P90x then one of the hybrids with insanity or turbofire. Which one does everyone like better or what has everyone else done?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Insanity v. P90x v. Turbofire

• Options
    I've done Insanity.  The biggest issue with Insanity, IMO, is that it's super high impact.  Also, are you talking about doing more than one workout a day?  I wouldn't do that with Insanity unless you're already in quite good shape.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I'm flat out scared of Insanity - and am forever in awe of J&K for facing it head on.

I'm doing p90x and loving it.  FI is thinking about starting their doubles program when we hit week five, but I don't literally have the time for it in my day.

I really think any of these programs with a healthy diet/calorie intake will get you to/near your goal.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lobsters, don't you know that I quit about 3 weeks from the end?  Ha.  I'm taking it on again after Warrior Dash, and I might do the first month twice before I move to the second this time.  Don't be in awe of me, I'm not superhuman ;)

• Options
    Please, I'm scared to watch the whole infomercial on Saturday mornings - whether or not you stopped, at least you started!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My biggest results came from a hybrid of p90x and Turbofire!
    Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_insanity-v-p90x-v-turbofire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:e951b76d-c80c-44cc-9559-203cdcea073bPost:1b2a22ca-2b6c-43e7-9d5f-6ee3866bbb5f">Re: Insanity v. P90x v. Turbofire</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lobsters, don't you know that I quit about 3 weeks from the end?  Ha.  I'm taking it on again after Warrior Dash, and I might do the first month twice before I move to the second this time.  Don't be in awe of me, I'm not superhuman ;)
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>When are you starting Insanity again?  I've been thinking of going that route myself again and wouldn't mind an accountability partner.</div>
  • Options
    sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Anna I love you sig.

Personally if you are swimming in the AM I would just start the lean program of P90x. If your FI is doing it with you he might not like Turbofire. But you could swim, P90x and maybe do a 15 minute HIIT workout or the 10 minute ABs one when you are first starting out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I personally would suggest Turbo Fire. You will get an awesome workout, but it wont be supre high impact. For Insanity you need good shoes, proper suppliments, proper stretching and a plyo mat really helps. Turbo Fire will allow you to keep you feet on the floor a little more but trust me- even if the work out says "EZ" it's not :D
    The biggest thing is to follow the eating plans as closely as possible!
    P90X has been my favorite, but everyone is different.

May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Ditto PPs that Insanity is really high impact, and every single workout is super high cardio (literally, the name of every.single.workout is Cardio something).  I just started my second round/attempt yesterday (I did it for 3 weeks a few months ago, but had to take a break to train for a charity run).  I'm in relatively okay shape, but there's no way I'd attempt two workouts in a day while doing Insanity.  Don't get me wrong, it's a great workout and you'll see results if you stick with it (I noticed a difference even after only 3 weeks last time), but if it's a workout you want to try, I'd suggest maybe alternating Insanity and swimming.

H prefers P90X, so I've done several workouts with him for those, although I've never actually followed the program, so I can't attest to it's results.  However, the few workouts I have done seem like they'd be a little easier to mix with swimming in the mornings.

I've never tried TurboFire, so no advice there.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    bheweybhewey member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Herbalife's 24FIT program is amazing! I love that over any other, and yes I have tried the others! 24FIT is also way more affordable! 
  • Options

P90x is expensive. But never tried nothing.

• Options
    I am still in pretty decent shape dispite my fluffiness which in itself is amazing. I just worry about my knees with all this ridiculous weight on my pretty small frame. The only weight I gained from the steroids and stuff was literally right around my middle. And it is pretty gross. Despite being 231 (weighed myself and measured today) I am still a 16/18 so I know I have a lot of muscle mass. Actually my friend who is a trainer said I overdeveloped quads and an overdeveloped back for my other muscle groups.

I really do love P90x, I think I am going to talk FI into trying that for now. Beachbody has the hybrid programs on their website that I was looking at where you substitute the cardio days for either turbofire or insanity. I may try a workout from each along the way. I am not sure. I eat pretty healthy so I am going to change a few things to comply with the P90x diet and go from there.

Thanks for all the responses I really appreciate it. I've been having a hard time getting motivated after I was finally ok'd to hit the gym hard again. I used to workout 3 times a day and was a health nut. So I cant believe how hard it has been to get back on the horse again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm relatively petite, and I have no prior knee problems, and even I had to take about 4 days off in the middle of the first month of Insanity because my knees were bothering me.  You can absolutely alter some moves to be a little more low impact (you won't get as good of a workout, but you can work up to doing the whole thing for sure), and if you're only mixing in some of the workouts right away, you'd probably be ok!  It was doing it day after day after day that got to my knees, I think.  I would also ice any sore or stiff joints right away instead of waiting until they really hurt and needing to stop altogether.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_insanity-v-p90x-v-turbofire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:e951b76d-c80c-44cc-9559-203cdcea073bPost:4d03c05a-043a-4181-8612-a04dead8217a">Re: Insanity v. P90x v. Turbofire</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'm relatively petite, and I have no prior knee problems, and even I had to take about 4 days off in the middle of the first month of Insanity because my knees were bothering me.  You can absolutely alter some moves to be a little more low impact (you won't get as good of a workout, but you can work up to doing the whole thing for sure), and if you're only mixing in some of the workouts right away, you'd probably be ok!  It was doing it day after day after day that got to my knees, I think.  I would also ice any sore or stiff joints right away instead of waiting until they really hurt and needing to stop altogether.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I think thats what I am going to end up doing. Thanks for the advice
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am a Beachbody coach and I am about to post my results and other people that I have helped. I would LOVE to help you. www.beachbodycoach.com/saarew
  • Options
    I am a Beachbody coach and I am about to post my results and other people that I have helped. I would LOVE to help you. www.beachbodycoach.com/saarew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards