Moms and Maids
Options

Momzilla and BM drama

Anyone else dealing with a Momzilla and BM drama? Is it to late to elope? Lol
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Momzilla and BM drama

• Options
    I don't know, is it?  You'd know better than we would.

(Long answer- everyone has some sort of drama.  It's close to impossible to have a drama-free wedding.  You're the one who has to decide if it's worth it.)
  • Options
    My sister who is my MOH is my life saver.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom is a bit of a momzilla. I tell her about things that are suggested by FI or BMs that I'm not thriled with and she says "It's your wedding you do what you want." But when I don't like one of her suggestions it's the end of the world! I know your pain!
  • Options
    My BM are always fighting. I just keep telling them I don't want to get involved that there drama has nothing do do with me but they still came me constantly. NWR! My sister has gotten them to back off a bit. She is so amazing. Mom is always depressed but that's how she's always been. Just not answering my phone anymore. I learned real quick to not share wedding plans. It's hard bc I'm so excited. I love my FI and at the end of this all i can't wait to marry him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_momzilla-and-bm-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:67f365b9-0f21-4ea4-89dc-07b7c997f8e4Post:d1b1ba8e-4bb5-4466-b4b0-0665685d41a9">Re: Momzilla and BM drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]Solution:  don't share your plans with these people.  "Thanks, I've got that under control," when they ask works wonders.  Keep information on a need-to-know basis only.  You won't get unwanted commentary that way.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I have tried this with my maids and it works but with my mom she says "You never include me on anything and never like my suggestions!" which is completely untrue. She has helped with all the bouquets she helped with the kids activities and kiddy bags. She helped pick out my dress. She helped us make all our center pieces. A lot of things have been her idea. I don't know what to say to her, she is not listening and it's so frustrating. So I can totally relate.
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_momzilla-and-bm-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:67f365b9-0f21-4ea4-89dc-07b7c997f8e4Post:044ea01f-53da-4687-859c-6adc89381e48">Re: Momzilla and BM drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Momzilla and BM drama : I have tried this with my maids and it works but with my mom she says "You never include me on anything and never like my suggestions!" which is completely untrue. She has helped with all the bouquets she helped with the kids activities and kiddy bags. She helped pick out my dress. She helped us make all our center pieces. A lot of things have been her idea. I don't know what to say to her, she is not listening and it's so frustrating. So I can totally relate.
    Posted by tiffysue2012[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. This is my mom, too. She's exceptionally opinionated, and often seems to forget this is my wedding, not hers. I try to include her, but generally, it's not worth the fights that result. She also thinks my fiance is "too involved in wedding planning and it's weird." Don't get me started on that one... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards