Hawaii
Options

videographer?

So my Fi and I are still trying to decide if we want a videographer or not.. I would really like to have one since many of our family and friends back home cannot attend. At the risk of sounding ignorant, I have to ask.. What exactly do I get from the videographer? Is it a continuous footage of the wedding day (as if someone recorded it on a camcorder??) or is it edited, with effects etc?

Re: videographer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on who you hire, but most people get an edited video as well as the raw footage.
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was having this problem too, but ultimately decided I wanted one. Yes photographs are nice, and you get emotion from them, but there is just something about seeing the actual video and your reactions, emotions, and the whole day put together. Most of the videographers I have looked at edit the video to make it like a story, or a movie. I am using Hawaii Video Memories, so you can get a feel of the work they do.

AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hanualahanuala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going back and forth on this question too . . . the quotes that I got from videographers were about $2k - $3k, which I just can't afford.  My girlfriend recently got married, and her photographer was playing with the video feature on his camera and took short video clips of small details - bride & groom getting ready, table decorations, bits of the ceremony, some dancing.  The phoptographer edited it, and then set it to music.  The video length was only as long as one song but it did the job and conveyed the anticipation, emotion, and fun of the wedding so my girlfriend was happy, and she shared it with family that couldn't be there.  I think what I'm talking about is called a "highlight reel," but I could be wrong.     Hope this helps ;) 
    dancer
  • Options
    knichols23knichols23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like everyone else I was in a big debate, but we only invited parents/sisters/a couple of friends. So I went with the videographer so my family back home could see the day. Plus we will need something for our kids to laugh at later. I would look for a company that does both photography and videography. The packages might be cheaper than doing them individually. The videos are expensive, but I think it will be worth it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards