My fiancé and I have been together for almost 7 years and have been engaged for over 3 years and in that time, I unexpectedly (though happily!) became pregnant and we are (IMHO) really great parents to our son. The problem is our son is now 2, and I am graduating nursing school in 6 months, at which time we plan to buy a home as soon as we possibly can following graduation (and, hopefully, me getting a job). I tried to talk to my fiancé this week about setting a date for next springtime/summertime, and he seemed agreeable until I said I wanted to tell my family. He uses the excuse that he wants to be sure we are in our own home ( we moved back in with my parents when I discovered I was pregnant during nursing school). He says he does not want to get married as long as we are living with my parents. However, I feel that if we wait until we have officially purchased and moved into a new home, we won't have the money for even more years for a wedding. I tried explaining this to him, and he still doesn't want to commit to an actual date. Am I being unreasonable, or is he afraid to commit to a day to get this done?