Chit Chat
Options

RSVP deadlines

I would like to order my shower invitations, and also my wedding invitations... how far in advance should I send out my invitations, and what is the usual RSVP deadline?

Re: RSVP deadlines

• Options
    You should not be throwing your own shower so you shouldn't be ordering those at all.  

I set my RSVP deadline for my wedding to be one month in advance.  That gives me two weeks to call those I had not heard back from so I could tell the caterer.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    i should not, but unfortunately i am, my fiance is paying for the shower, and i am involved in it, so therefore i am ordering my own invitations.
  • Options
    pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_rsvp-deadlines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:98f91665-7619-4b7d-a22b-019533f8d9fbPost:d5717ae0-76ed-4a3e-8277-409e700e1a1c">Re: RSVP deadlines</a>:
    [QUOTE]i should not, but unfortunately i am, my fiance is paying for the shower, and i am involved in it, so therefore i am ordering my own invitations.
    Posted by angnmike2012[/QUOTE]
    Please don't.  You will just end up looking terribly greedy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_rsvp-deadlines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:98f91665-7619-4b7d-a22b-019533f8d9fbPost:d5717ae0-76ed-4a3e-8277-409e700e1a1c">Re: RSVP deadlines</a>:
    [QUOTE]i should not, but unfortunately i am, my fiance is paying for the shower, and i am involved in it, so therefore i am ordering my own invitations.
    Posted by angnmike2012[/QUOTE]
    If you know that you should not be...then why are you?
  • Options
    If no one offers to host a shower, you don't get one.  Do not host your own shower.  It really is in bad taste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards